3. Norwegian Sun
This was my first cruise, so I didn’t know what to expect. Embarkation was a breeze and I enjoyed our inside cabin. It had plenty of space! Onboard service was OK. I was erroneously charged a cocktail in a restaurant. It took 3 trips to guest services and the restaurant to get it reversed. They still didn’t reverse the entire charge, but I was done asking about it. Otherwise the service was acceptable. Lines and service at bars were disorganized, but you got drinks quickly, once you were able to order. I appreciated staff spraying people’s hands with noro-killing spray at every entrance to the buffets. Onboard entertainment was fantastic! the cruise director, Richard, has a great team of people that kept us entertained. The main stage shows were pretty good, too. Smoke in the casino wafted into the atrium which was gross, but I hope that will change during the ships next refurb. Being able to walk around the ship on deck 6 was nice, especially because the gym was always at capacity during the day, with long waits to use equipment. Navigating the ship was confusing at first, but once you figure out the layout and shortcuts, it’s really not that bad. Excursions were well organized and time in port was enjoyable, despite losing an hour in Costa Maya due to an emergency disembarkation in the middle of the night, prior to arriving at port. We encountered high seas on the second half of the cruise. The ship moved a lot, parties got canceled, pools closed, but what can you do? I’d go on this ship again!

Fun little ship!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by ununoctium

This was my first cruise, so I didn’t know what to expect.

I’d go on this ship again!
ununoctium’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside
Cabin ID
Very roomy! Close distance to aft stairs, elevators and Seven Seas restaurant.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins