• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Ginny033
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

I was very excited to take a trip with the American Duchess as I have been on other river cruises in the past, but mostly in Europe or other parts of the world. I knew this cruise would be different being in America, but I pleasantly surprised with all there was to see and do in this part of the country. We started in Memphis and ended up in Nashville, TN.

On board my guest cabin was very typical of a standard hotel room, clean and nice. All of the common spaces were comfortable, although times I felt like I was the only one on the boat, even as the boat was full. The entertainment at night was great and they did their best to incorporate the Christmas theme. They were a great group of kids.

What surprised me most was the amount of tours that were actually included with the cruise. I'm so used to being nickel and dimed to see every tourist destination around the world, that this was a lovely chance of pace. I actually wanted to get off and explore every day.

Response from JaneF, Guest Relations Manager

Hi Ginny033! American Duchess will be ready and waiting for you and your friend! That whole area in the middle of America is rich with charming people, culture, and history. Sitting in the...

Port Reviews

Nashville

Not a country music fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed Nashville. We got to see the Grand Ole Opry show and learn about Elvis on music row. Great city.

Paducah

My favorite port. Charming small town with lots to do, see, shop, etc. Quilt museum is a must for anyone! And the Hotel Metropolitan tour was a highlight.

5 Helpful Votes