3. Oosterdam
This is my first review of a cruise ship. I have been on two previous cruises. One was in 2015 on RCI's Liberty of the Seas, and in 2018 on Holland America's Maasdam. I have to say, for my third cruise, the Oosterdam did meet or exceed our expectations. Starting in Seattle, embarkation went smoothly. We were in a pretty long line, and it took 30 minutes to get to speak to someone. I'm by far not complaining--as we had general boarding. We had been on HA the previous year, and were able to speed through the boarding process with ease. The cabin was nice and had a large window to look out at the beauty that is Alaska. HA could have spent a little more on the bathroom. The shower was the smallest of the previous cruises. We also had an issue with the toilet not flushing and almost overflowing. It took several calls before someone finally showed up to fix the toilet. Not the best experience there. For dining, we spent the majority of our days/nights in the buffet. Definitely a wonderful selection each day! Canaletto was our only paid night of dinner and I would definitely go back. Service was out of this world on the Oosterdam! Our cabin attendants were polite, funny, and catered to our every need. Some very intense customer service had to have occurred because we have nothing but good things to say. I also liked the unlimited laundry. We used it four days, and were charged a very reasonable price. Unlike some cruise lines that have laundry based on the number of pieces and can only be used once in the trip. Ports in Alaska are definitely worth a visit. Some are like others--all the same jewelry retailers trying to sell you over-priced jewelry. However, steer away from this and go on an excursion! Take the tram to the top of the mountain, go on a halibut fishing trip, have lunch in a sawdust floored restaurant, and get as man pictures as possible at the glacier! Overall, I would do this trip again in the future.

Oosterdam in Alaska

patrout38’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F
As stated above, the only problem was with the toilet one day, and a small shower. Other than that, the room was always clean, bed was made, and fresh fruit was there for us to eat.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins