3. Celebrity Infinity
Just returned from a 5-day cruise on the Infinity and wanted to share some of my thoughts on the experience. I was bit hesitant in booking this since the ship will be going into dry dock for a complete make over later this year and many have commented on the ship looking a bit tired. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that all the public spaces were very well kept and I really liked the more traditional style layout and the “Solstice” like décor. We had an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11 and absolutely loved the location. It was very quiet, and I rarely heard any noise from the movie screen above or the pool deck. I am so glad I chose this deck over the Aqua Class cabins on deck 9 with the dramatic overhang from the deck above. One thing I want to confirm is that the balconies actually get slightly larger in depth from aft to forward on deck 11. We were in cabin #1104 and It looks like cabin #1103 & #1102 have the largest balconies, but only by about a foot or so. Since there was much discussion on this topic I am posting a photo to try and show this. My biggest gripe about the cabin was the size of the bathroom and shower. It was definitely one of the smallest I have ever experienced, and I don’t think the upcoming makeover will be able to address this. I loved the fact that there was a traditional wide promenade deck that did have some deck chairs to enjoy the ocean from, which is a rarity now on any of the newer ships. I sailed on the Solstice and did like the style and décor of the ship, but I am not a fan of the Edge from everything I have read and the photos and videos I have viewed. The design seems a bit extreme for Celebrity in my opinion. I thought the staff was excellent on this ship and will say the customer service provided was probably the best on any cruise we have taken. I thought the entertainment in the main showroom was quite good, but did not like the very loud and obnoxious d-jays at the pool. The hip-hop music vibe was not fitting for the demographic on this cruise. They also turn the very classy atrium and stairway area into a club each night with the same d-jay and style of music. Sitting and trying to enjoy a coffee in the classy Café Boccio and martini bar in the evening and having to listen to this loud music was not very pleasant. I get they are trying to create a party vibe with the lack of a true disco on this ship, but this was not the place to do it or at least they could try to mix up the style of music to cater to a more diverse crowd and lower the volume a bit. The average age were people in their 50’s and 60’s, not teens and 20’s. As far as the food goes, I loved Blu and think it is worth every penny if possible to upgrade to Aqua class just to dine there. I did not like the buffet at all. It is always crowded and the food quality was not that great. I stuck with the fresh made pasta bar and salads. Pizza and burgers were OK, but the entries were mostly unidentifiable and awful. I did like the pastries and desserts in both the buffet and at Blu. We did try the Petite Chef at Quisine and the Tuscan Grill. Both were excellent and the food was very good. If I had to chose one over the other it would definitely be the Tuscan Grill. I liked the show at Quisine, but once would be enough. We had the full 4 perks which included the premium drink package which was great, but you need to do the math and make sure it is worth springing for the extra cost. We also had the premium internet which was surprisingly fast for being on a ship. I posted previously regarding the lack of free movies on board. It was reported here that Celebrity had lifted the pay per view policy and was offering free movies in the cabin, but that was not the case on the Infinity. Only 1 free movie per day on the TV! All in all it was a great cruise and wanted to share some thoughts.

Loved the Infinity!!!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by joseph123

All in all it was a great cruise and wanted to share some thoughts.
joseph123’s Full Rating Summary