• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

joseph123
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Aqua Class

Just returned from a 5-day cruise on the Infinity and wanted to share some of my thoughts on the experience. I was bit hesitant in booking this since the ship will be going into dry dock for a complete make over later this year and many have commented on the ship looking a bit tired. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that all the public spaces were very well kept and I really liked the more traditional style layout and the “Solstice” like décor.

We had an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11 and absolutely loved the location. It was very quiet, and I rarely heard any noise from the movie screen above or the pool deck. I am so glad I chose this deck over the Aqua Class cabins on deck 9 with the dramatic overhang from the deck above. One thing I want to confirm is that the balconies actually get slightly larger in depth from aft to forward on deck 11. We were in cabin #1104 and It looks like cabin #1103 & #1102 have the largest balconies, but only by about a foot or so. Since there was much discussion on this topic I am posting a photo to try and show this. My biggest gripe about the cabin was the size of the bathroom and shower. It was definitely one of the smallest I have ever experienced, and I don’t think the upcoming makeover will be able to address this.

I loved the fact that there was a traditional wide promenade deck that did have some deck chairs to enjoy the ocean from, which is a rarity now on any of the newer ships. I sailed on the Solstice and did like the style and décor of the ship, but I am not a fan of the Edge from everything I have read and the photos and videos I have viewed. The design seems a bit extreme for Celebrity in my opinion.

Aqua Class