3. Carnival Liberty
Went on a quick 3-day on Carnival Liberty over the past weekend. This is my 10th cruise, 7th with Carnival. I am a teacher and a simple guy, so this is a review for regular people just looking to have a nice vacation. Embarkation Quickest I can remember. Literally took maybe 10 min. Amazing...and we were regular passengers, not elite members. Got there around 11 and were eating in the buffet not long after. Debarkation Took a bit. With it being a short cruise, many didn't check bags so that line was longer than those that DID. Smooth overall, people at port were really nice and it was not a problem. On Deck Not enough access to chairs. Ship wasn't all that crowded but too many inconsiderate people who leave their towels on chairs and have no intention of using the chairs. Makes it hard on everyone else. Also, the NEED to heat the pool in the winter! Pool was useless to everyone - rarely saw more than a person or 2 in any of the pools due to them being cold. Simple fix that needs to happen. One more negative....need to exclude kids from the hot tubs. Since pool was closed, kids monopolized the hot tubs and tried to use them as pools! Ridiculous. Ship Great ship overall. Can't expect it to be like Allure or a monster ship, but is very nice. Easy to navigate for the most part, clean and staff was helpful. Cabin Stayed in 7296. Beds were super comfy, nice pillows, temperature was good. Steward did a good job and was always asking how he could make it better. Dining Always amazes me that people complain about the food. Not sure how you eat at home, but I thought the food was really good and comparable to most any ship I've been on. MDR food was very good - prime rib was tasty, enjoyed the stuffed mushrooms and the desserts (Baked Alaska, Melting Cake, Creme Brulee) were incredible as always. Other dining was also good. Buffet was average at best, but Guy's Burgers are outstanding, Blue Iguana has good stuff, the Wok is fantastic and I really enjoyed the BBQ place. Had more food than I needed....and with the pizza place open all night (and with good pizza, I might add), I never struggled to find good food. Entertainment Shows were really good. I love the America Rocks show - excellent music, lot of energy. Flick was good too - definitely glad I saw them both and would highly recommend. Lady in the piano bar was excellent as well. Have to give props to the violinists in the atrium.....amazing! Hasbro Show was pretty decent as well. Activities Was disappointed as they had very little trivia and what they did have was on our one day on shore. Like trivia on the boat - that was sad. Didn't see many activities really - a little weak in that department I thought. Service Dining room is slow....but didn't really matter. Wasn't expecting speed and went to relax and have a nice meal, which I did every time. Great people, always willing to help. Did really enjoy Dinesh, who was a magician that came to our table on many occasions. Funny guy and VERY talented musician. Port Ports are what you make of them. We went to Arawalk Cay and visited Goldie's. I had Caribbean jerk chicken (outstanding) and some conch fritters (which I loved). Buddies had fresh seafood that they couldn't stop talking about. Definitely a homeroom. Also, went to Fort Fincastle and walked down the Queen's Staircase. Cheap (Fincastle was $3 and included a bottle of water) and we had a lot of history buffs in our group (I teach History), so we enjoyed it. Views from the Fort are incredible. Bought a Bahamas shirt (Hawaiian style) from a vendor and LOVE it - $15. Had fun - water was too cold to swim but was a nice day overall. OVERALL Had a great trip as I always do. Good friends, good food, beautiful location....tough to not love it.

A veteran's perspective on Carnival Liberty

coachknight24’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F
Excellent. Cabin steward did a nice job. Wish he would have replaced the pool towel in the room when it was dirty, but overall it was very pleasant. Very comfy bed and pillows, temp was good.....no complaints really.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins