3. Majesty of the Seas
I booked a five night Bahamas cruise for my early-20's girlfriend and I before college started up in the fall at an amazing price, and it was my first time booking a cruise on my own. I spent hours researching cruises and have some experience from traveling with my family on Celebrity and Disney, so I thought I'd give Majesty a try. I was a little apprehensive based upon some of the reviews I read, but I'm going to give my objective observations and experiences in this review. The boarding process was an absolute breeze. 30 minutes from hopping on the parking shuttle to the Windjammer Cafe. We stayed in an Oceanview (2N) on deck 3, which we found to be in totally fine condition. Yes, Majesty is an old ship, but I really have no complaints about the condition of the cabin. It was really tiny, but I found it to be cute and cozy. Our stateroom attendant, Paulu, was extremely friendly and accommodated any requests we had promptly. He always addressed my girlfriend and I excitedly in the hallway! In terms of dining, the Windjammer Cafe was pretty limited, but there was something for everyone. It was good, I'd be happy to eat there again, but not great. The main dining room was pretty good, about what I expected. It's not to the level of Celebrity, but it's good. Our server, Dody, and his assistant, Shimray, were the absolute highlights of our cruise. They were exceedingly friendly and the service provided was phenomenal. I'd cruise on Majesty again just to sail with them. The entertainment on board was good as well. The cast was very, very talented, and I enjoyed the shows. Maybe Majesty doesn't have the Vegas-style production value of larger Royal ships, but I was satisfied. The entire entertainment staff was engaging, fun, and hilarious. In general, the atmosphere was charming. The general vibe was exciting, but not too much so. There was always a place to chill and take it easy. I really wish they didn't close off the forward section of the Viking Crown lounge for private events nearly the entire cruise, though. There were a lot of families, older couples, and some younger couples closer to my age. Personally, I found more enjoyment meeting and hanging out with the families and older couples. To me, Nassau and Key West are average at best, unless you are confident exploring on your own or spending a lot more money. We did a private tour in Nassau to hide from the rain, which stopped at a lot of touristy shops that I personally didn't care for, although our driver was friendly and fair. Overall, my girlfriend and I had a very fantastic cruise. Are there things that could've been done better? Yes. Is the ship glamorous and new? No. But would I do it again? Absolutely, without question.

Surprisingly Great!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by FoxTa8

But would I do it again? Absolutely, without question.
FoxTa8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N
Tiny, a little dated, but clean and totally functional. There is room to store bags under the bed or against the side wall. Never had any maintenance issues or problems with hot water. The bed was a little hard, but we slept perfectly well. Definitely worth it having the porthole to watch the arrival into port without needing to leave bed.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    Embarkation and debarkation were insanely easy. No joke, it took us half an hour from boarding the shuttle at Park N Go until we were putting food on our plates at the Windjammer. Highly recommend Port Everglades and Park N Go.
    View All 1,966 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Key West
    Key West was interesting, because we cleared customs early and did not have to upon return to Fort Lauderdale. We had to take a shuttle through the Naval Air Station to get to the center of town which was a little complicated, but not much of a hassle. There are a few fun sites to see, but nothing too impressive in my opinion. Worth checking out!
    View All 1,835 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Upon getting off the ship, it was raining pretty hard, so we ended up swarming to the tour operators that had open vans since there was nothing else to do. We toured with Kung Fu Mitch - we saw a couple tourist shops which amused me very little, and proceeded to see some of the government buildings and local sites. We stopped at the Queen's Staircase and Atlantis, and Mitch was nice enough to get everyone in the van Bahamian currency.

The tour was $60. I'm glad we did something, but I wouldn't do it again. Skip the tourist shops. Nassau doesn't have a lot to do unless you're willing to spend a lot of money to book an excursion. Beautiful country, wonderful people, but really not that great as a port of call.
    View All 309 Island Tour Reviews
  • Perfect Day at CocoCay
    The new and improved CocoCay was amazing. We did not pay for the thrill waterpark, but spent at lest five hours on the Chill Island side. Great beaches, amazing pool, wonderful service, and plenty of space (we shared with Navigator).

Get the Barbecue Chicken - you'll thank me later.
    View All 98 Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Port Reviews