3. Celebrity Constellation
We chose the itinerary not the ship. I was slightly concerned about the age & size of the ship and the fact that she was getting a refurb AFTER our cruise. I was pleasantly surprised by the Connie. She had a graceful old charm & dignity to her. Yes I did find some examples of worn cushions, torn carpet and evidence of age. This did not spoil anything or detract from the cruise. The smaller ship made walking forward to aft quick and easy. Not at all intimidating and hard to navigate as the large mega ships. I believe that I prefer this size ship now. We stayed in an Aqua class cabin on deck 9. The cabin was clean and neat. It did show some sign of wear and age. It also seemed slightly outdated. Ex: Only two electrical outlets, both at the desk. None in the bathroom? No USB plugs at all. The cabin lights were fluorescent and incandescent - no LED at all. Our attendant was outstanding and remembered our names from day one. It was nice to have a bottle of champagne waiting for us on demand and afternoon canapés & ice tea every afternoon. We dined at Blu and had the same table & waiter almost every time. The food was good, but nothing really outstanding. We also ate at the MDR and the buffet. Both good. Whatever lacked in the food was made up for by the waitstaff and crew members. This was probably the best crew we have ever had on a cruise. They actually seemed happy and were very friendly and went above and beyond to please. Such nice people!!!!!! The Blu staff was especially outstanding. AAA+++ The entertainment was average or a little less than average on this cruise. The one standout performer was Lorraine Crosby. She had such a strong voice and ultra high energy. A pleasure to see her perform. The Elton John performer was not really that good. He sang EJ but did not sound like him. Nice costume though. There were other performers that I forgot the names of. Both good, but not high energy. We did an excursion at every port. Some thru Celebrity and some private. I hate to be mean, but India was not a stop we would ever make again. Mostly dirty with sick people coughing and following you begging for money. Everything was a scam from the sellers to the taxi drivers trying to rip you off. Even our private tour guide came back AFTER being fully paid - and wanted more money. Could not wait to get out. Singapore & Dubai were the real stars of this cruise. Both countries were fantastic. Very safe, very clean and modern. We will be going back to each, and just stay there for a week. Sri Lanka & Thailand were nice, but not worth going back to again. We already booked our next holiday cruise while on the ship. We will be doing the Panama Canal touch holiday cruise in 2020 - on the CONSTELLATION again!!! We are looking forward to seeing the Connie after her Edge style refurb. Our next cabin is 2 doors down from this cruise cabin. I am hoping that the ship does not lose any of her classic charm, in favor of some new hip decor. Areas like Cellar Masters & the Martini bar had an old school classic vibe to them. We are looking forward to seeing the old girl again......wearing her new dress.

2019 Holiday on the Connie: 15 NIGHT BEST OF INDIA & SOUTH EAST ASIA

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Mark M.

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class Balcony

Sri Lanka & Thailand were nice, but not worth going back to again.

We are looking forward to seeing the old girl again......wearing her new dress.
Mark M.’s Full Rating Summary