3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was mine and my boyfriends first cruise. We went on the 7 day western Caribbean cruise. The first 2 days went good, our room was always cleaned, food was decent, and drinks were great. However, this all started to go down hill when we decided to visit the spa for a couples massage. We both have gotten swedish massages before and knew what to expect. Everything started off normal, they asked us if we have gotten massages before and where our trouble areas were. We both said our back and shoulders were the worst. However, this massage just ended up being them lightly rubbing my back for 5 minutes, then proceeded with the arms, legs, and then got to my head. I expected her to maybe rub my shoulders at this point, since she has not gotten any knots out.No, she proceeded to untie my hair and then began playing with my hair for atleast 20 minutes. Not even rubbing the scalp, but just braiding my hair and brushing it with her fingers. Once the massage was done I shared how terrible my massage was with my boyfriend, only to learn that his masseuse wasn't massaging him for half of it! We think she thought he was asleep because he said after he made some noise she immediately resumed the massage. To top this off the massage was over $300 and we could not get reimbursed. The other downfall to the cruise was our stop in Ocho Rios Jamaica. This port was changed 3 times on our itinerary before the actual cruise date. We had not had an excursion booked for this day, due to the port being changed so many time our excursions got cancelled. We had planned on just hanging out at the beach. The port we were dropped off on was under construction and surrounded by literal barb wired fences with locals on the otherside screaming and shaking the fence. We immediately felt unwelcomed and headed back to the ship, majority of the guests got the same feeling and went back to the ship as well. Food was ok, but the portions at the restaurants were very small, leaving us to go to the buffet afterwards. My boyfriend ended up getting food poisoning one of the days. We came to find out others on the ship also did that day as well. My feelings about the cruise are up and down, the weather was great and so were the on ship entertainment.

First cruise, will not be returning

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sarakuczkowski

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom
sarakuczkowski’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IC
We did not have a window, but we knew that coming into it. The room was cleaned twice a day, which was great! However, it was difficult know what time of day it was inside the room as the only clock is on the phone, across from the bed.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins