MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Lovely ship let down by the crew

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by petergibbonsuk

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

We just got back from the 12th - 19th Jan cruise around Miami, Jamaica, Grand Cayman etc. I have to say, the ship is stunning... very clean and very spacious with lots of great features. The shows were amazing. I actually found the food to be good - not outstanding, but as good as any other cruise ship I have been on.

What let this ship down for me was the staff. We had to change our restaurant after night 2 because the headwaiter and waiter around us were very rude. We complained that our starters were cold and they took great offence and made us feel terrible.

Once we had moved, we were served much better by Eddy and Santa in the opposite restaurant. The bar staff in the English pub were horrendous.... everywhere else seemed to be OK, but I found overall the staff were quite unwelcoming and not overly friendly. Shame really, it let the ship down for me.

There was some guy in the spa who was very rude after I asked for a refund as we could not make our spa day and he questioned me and made me feel really embarrassed in front of other passengers.

The actual officers, entertainment staff etc were lovely though and I think they need to look at this.

Also, we had to ask to have our shampoo and shower gel etc filled up in the cabin and for our carpet to be hoovered... not what I expected at all.

Also, expensive... get the drinks package like we did, otherwise it would be really expensive. Tips are non-removable unlike most other companies so this caught us out so be on your guard, plus they seem to add 15% service charge to a lot of things.... very naughty.

Avoid the Spa - $350 for a 50-minute massage for 2 people! No thanks!

But the ship itself - stunning!

petergibbonsuk's Full Rating Summary

Bella Balcony Stateroom

Small but comfortable, and expected a bit more space but it was compact and no room really to hang clothes up, but this was OK for us.

petergibbonsuk