3. Majesty of the Seas
I received a free 5 day cruise on select itineraries from the casino. Majesty of the Seas was one of the ships. My husband couldn't take anymore time off from work and my son was in school. Rather than let this "free" cruise go to waste I took one of my girlfriends. I paid for the upgrade to a junior suite so I would get the double C&A points and I'm also Diamond Level. My friend had only taken one cruise before so she was impressed with the priority access we had while boarding the ship. The ship is old but seems to be well maintained. I absolutely LOVED the layout of this ship. It seemed bigger than what it actually is. There seemed to be a large selection of restaurants, even more than on ships of the same size. The itinerary was good as well. We went to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Both places my friend had never been. We booked fantastic excursions through the ship. Horseback riding in Cozumel and Open Bar Beach Break in Costa Maya. The excursions were amazing! There were a couple of down sides. The casino was extremely smokey at night. There weren't that many people in there gambling but the smoke was awful. I ended up getting sick with bronchitis the week after we got off the ship. I am a marathon runner, fitness freak, and never get sick. It seems ironic that I was this ill right after being exposed to the smoke. I would recommend RC check their purifiers, add more, or don't allow smoking in the casino. The menu was just OKAY and the food wasn't the best I've ever had either. I started to think that because this was a "low end" cruise that maybe they weren't as concerned with quality as I have known RC to be over the last cruises I've taken. We spoke with one of the entertainers in the Schooner Bar and he said that revenue was way down on the ship. I was not surprised to hear that. I noticed people "spiking" their drinks by the pool with "smuggled" booze. Too bad. I remember cruising before RC offered the drink packages and let me comment, that was EXPENSIVE. Now the drink packages are very reasonable and I am disappointed to see that the people on this ship that like to consume alcohol, didn't take advantage. Of course I love RC and I'm happiest when I'm sailing. Not saying I won't ever go on the Majesty of the Seas again, but I will be selective.

Smoking in the Casino

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Garnet of the Seas

Garnet of the Seas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3
The room was good. The faucet in the bathtub was backwards so it took me a while to figure out how to get hot water. The water pressure in the shower was not good.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins