Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review
2,184 Reviews

Beautiful Ship! Great Entertainment!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by cnd1010

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass 2

I went on this trip as a familiarization as a travel advisor. I did not get off in Nassau, but took the time to take some on ship tours and really see the whole ship. She is a beauty. She feels very current in her decor having just been through a revitalization in 2019. Dining was good. I was underwhelmed by Blu, the exclusive Aquaclass restaurant. It was ok for included dining, but I would not pay extra for it. The Oceanview Cafe was very good. The typical issues with a buffet, hard to find seats at peak times, lines for custom made items. Sushi on 5 was excellent, however the service was slow. They do ask you to account for 2 hours to eat there which is about right if it is more than 1 person in your party. Cafe al Bacio has some of the best treats. Their chocolate mousse was fantastic. Their Cafe Frappe is no Starbucks but does the trick. I was told that Murano is the best restaurant on board by other sailors. The entertainment was TOP NOTCH! From the performers and musicians themselves to the set lists and arrangements, I was always impressed. Being a singer and musician myself, I appreciate talent and there was none lacking on this ship. The show Elysium was fantastic. Singers, dancers, acrobats, aerialists, all doing what they do very well. Service was always with a smile. Some of the friendliest crew I've seen. It was sometimes slow or lacking in quality but nothing egregious. I can't wait to cruise with Celebrity again. I am a brand fan now for sure.

cnd1010's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass 2

Nice Cabin. Very well appointed with granite topped dresser/vanity and bathroom vanity.

The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the complimentary tea and water. I did not get good Wi Fi reception in this cabin but was fine everywhere else on the ship. The balcony has an overhang 1 deck above it the goes out another balcony length past it. Could be good in inclement weather but bad if you wanted the sun at a particular time of day. There was a good amount of storage space in various locations including a very good sized closet. The couch was not very comfortable but I did not spend a lot of time sitting around my cabin so it was not a big issue.

A new offering by Celebrity that let's you extend your stay on the ship until before their next departure. You still have to be out of your stateroom by 9:00am. You are required to disembark, leave your bags (minus small backpacks or beach bag size bags) at security, and re-embark the ship. Took about 40 minutes to do all of that. When I got back on there were no other passengers aboard so you had your pick of premium seats on the deck or where ever you wanted to park yourself. Oceanview Cafe and an all inclusive Classic Drink package is included. I enjoyed my time by the pool. Sure beat sitting around the airport all day.

View All undefined undefined Reviews