3. Viking Sky
A Mediterranean ocean cruise- what could be better than that? Well, okay, perhap a Mediterranean cruise in the spring as opposed to the beginning of December - but weather be damned, Viking handled its part of the trip briliiantly! The first jaw-drop was being greeted by name by so many of the crew. I used to teach and needed at least a couple of days with identification notes in order to know who's who, yet the crew actually knew us! The housekeeping staff was unparalleled! Partaking of included excursions might have been chancy on another cruise line but not on Viking. Each excursion was well-organized and, for the most part, the guides were outstanding. Indeed, there was a good mix of different people on each excursion so we weren't stuck trekking with the same people over and over again. I must confess, however, that it would have been nice if all of our shipmates were a bit more cognizant of their physical abilities. It is annoying to be on a Medium and/or Hard excursion with people that can barely keep up. The ship itself is basically a luxury hotel. Although we had no sea days, it was lovely returning to the ship in the evening to simply relax and enjoy. Food was plentiful and prepared well - particularly in the specialty restaurants. We appreciated the knowledge of the wine stewards (we had the silver package) and would have liked a group wine-tasting session such as those held on sea days. Caveats? I cannot really think of anything major. I'm a reader; however, perhaps providing more board games or videogames in the public areas would be nice. The theatrical entertainment was actually quite good, the musicians throughout the ship were enjoyable, and the port lectures are extremely interesting. So did we re-up? Yes, I have to admit that although we are not cruise aficionados, we did sign up for a river cruise. See you in 1-1/2 years!

Giving it "your all" takes on new meaning with Viking

Viking Sky Cruise Review by chrisfuen

See you in 1-1/2 years!
chrisfuen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

I didn't want to leave the bathroom! Heated floors, heated towel rack, color-coded lotions/shampoos...ahhhhhhhh