3. Sky Princess
An absolutely terrible experience. Firstly, I did a lot of research to choose the right first cruise for myself and my husband. We tried the Sky Princess because it was a new ship and it seemed to provide what we were looking for. What did we know?! It was our first cruise. We bought the premium drinks package which cost us £800+ for 7 days and yet this did not include the basic drinks like a slimline tonic or water in our room. We were charged 9$ for drinking a bottle of water left in our cabin with no label. We did not ask for this, it appeared and then appeared on our bill. When asked for slimline tonic, we were told this was not included but rather we could get tonic from the bar tap which was not diet. Very disappointing. The food was diabolical. It catered for only Americans, it also had no spice and tasted bland. The market place buffet had very poor quality food and the food was also cold or luke warm. This area was crowded, disorganized and univiting. We also booked a meal in the Crown grill. I had to send my steak back as it was served blue rare after I asked for it to be medium. They took it back and cooked it further and re cooked the fries and returned them to the plate. The steak was very fatty, the fries were inedible. We left the restaurant very unsatisfied. A lot of pompus ceremony only to be disappointed. We opted for anytime dining which produced mass pre cooked food with very little flavour and dry. Bread is placed on all tables sometime before the restaurant is open and so it is cold and hard. The service in this anytime dinning was terrible too, particularly the Ciello restaurant. The waiters had absolutely no pride in their job. They were forgetful and focused only on hovering around those tipping. Do not go on this cruise for entertainment unless you are in to line dancing and listening to string cortet. I am 54 years old and my husband is 47. We were totally bored. The majority of people on this cruise were 80. There were Zimmer frames everywhere. Not the cruise for us. We found out about the basketball ball court where we could shoot some balls in the net and also a mini golf area on the penultimate day of our cruise. These areas were at the top of the ship on level 18 and they were not advertised. The ship was crowded and those who were slightly younger (60-65) liked the sound of their voices so much they added to the terrible experience. Of course these were Americans. Our favourite part was getting off the ship 3 times during our cruise. The rest of the time was awful. We purposely did not pay for tips ahead of our cruise as we decided we wanted to tip those who deserved it. Our room attendant was very good. That's were it stopped. Maybe we received terrible service because the waiters knew we had removed the tips. We started tipping everyone but soon stopped this. We don't believe in being responsible for topping up peoples salaries for the sake of it. The elevators on this ship are terrible. They are on either end of the ship and you will find you have to wait quite some time for the lift to arrive on your floor. We were on level 17. We ended up walking most of the time. I could go on but really do not have the energy. This cruise is all about money. We thought our drinks package had it covered. I will finish on positive note. The bed is the most comfortable bed we have slept in. The shower is very powerful and the cabin was acceptable but did not provide tea or coffee facilities. We will not be cruising with Princess again.

Our first cruise

Sky Princess Cruise Review by Macaulay

An absolutely terrible experience.

We will not be cruising with Princess again.
Macaulay’s Full Rating Summary