3. Viking Sun
My Mom and I chose this cruise because of the countries/ports visited. My Mom had never been to Scotland or Ireland and this cruise gave her the opportunities to visit both as well as parts of England that she hadn't seen. Our departure was from London, the embarkation process went fairly smoothly at the port. Although once on board, the staff seemed a bit frazzled as though there was insufficient staffing. However, this was not the experience the remainder of the 15 day journey. The staff could not be more friendly & accommodating! The ship was beautiful, well appointed & immaculately clean as was our stateroom. Our stateroom attendants were incredible and provided outstanding service. Our cabin was a deluxe veranda, we found it comfortable and spacious compared to other cruise lines we have traveled with. The dining was very good, our favorite meal was in the specialty restaurant, Manfredi's. The entertainment was good, particularly one evening when an Irish group was brought in to perform. The resident historian was very interesting and the Port Talks were incredibly informative. I felt that Viking could do a better job in the activities department, especially on days at sea. I was grateful this journey only had one day at sea, there was little to no organized activities that day. The ports of call were wonderful, the tendering process went smoothly and we both enjoyed our excursions.

British Isles