• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Dr. BobW
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony

Starting at embarkation sitting in an overcrowded hall for the better part of 3 hours - we were not off to a good start! No credible explanation from Princess; no bother to greet the arriving pxs when they finally made it on board.

Balcony stateroom was okay but was very shocked to find torn sheets and stained pillowcases on the bed (replaced 2 days later). Room steward was great as were a few bartenders and waiters, but the vast majority of staff were not engaged, sullen, and in a couple of cases - obnoxious!

Food in all venues was pretty horrible for anyone with a palate (I only had 3 meals which were "good"). Buffet selection was the worst we have ever seen after being on multiple cruise lines. Restaurants were kind of dirty with the worst being the steakhouse where I accidentally knocked about 3/16" of dust off the railing beside our table - ick factor 10. Likewise I ruined a brand new shirt when I leaned against a bar railing and got a large brown stain for my efforts.

Balcony

Kinda smaller than expected - notes as per review

Port Reviews

San Juan del Sur

A real lame experience. I understand that they need to capitalize on tourism, but.........

Fuerte Amador (Balboa)

Okay tour but getting back on ship was a big nightmare

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $279