3. Adventure of the Seas
Embarkation was very easy. On the ship within 5 minutes of arrival. Cabin was clean as expected. Main dining room food was good, except some meals were sent back because they were served cold. Windjammer buffet was good. Shows were just average and there were no production shows. They did not have a Love and Marriage Game show which we have always found to be enjoyable. Service was excellent. We also like the fact that there were tables and chairs around the pool area, rather than all chaise lounges. Cruise Director was invisible on the entire cruise. I WILL NOW ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS: On the first night, we could not get hot water in shower and sink. The following morning we called maintenance and they said they would fix this problem. We left the cabin for the day and when we returned, there was a note advising us that the hot water problem was resolved. I tried the shower for a few seconds and it was hot. I then decided to take a shower. After about 1 minute in the shower, the water began sputtering and black slime came out and was all over me, from head to toe. I jumped out of the shower and tried to wash the slime off me at the sink only to find that it's water was also black slime. I toweled off the best I could and called maintenance to report the issue. They told me that it was normal to get black slime after the hot water was worked on. They said that I should let it run for 20 minutes and it would clear up. I asked why the plumber didn't do it or at least leave me a note. Their answer was that he couldn't spare the time. They didn't even apologize for my problem. I filed a complaint with customer service. The next day, my TV remote did not work. I called the room steward who came with another remote and that also didn't work. He called for an IT repairman. We left the cabin for the day and when we returned, the TV seemed to work. That evening, we put on the Tv and the remote stopped working. It wouldn't change channels, adjust volume and wouldn't shut off. We called maintenance and spoke to a machine who told me to leave a message, which I did. We couldn't go to sleep with the TV blasting so I tried to pull the plug, but the plug was behind a metal screen and required a screwdriver to open it up. We wound up trying to sleep with the TV blasting. The next morning the repairman came and said that the problem was with the TV set and he replaced it. These experiences put a real damper on our vacation. Other than these problems, I rate this cruise as Average.

Enjoyable but maintenance problems

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Paulirma

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

I filed a complaint with customer service.

These experiences put a real damper on our vacation.

Other than these problems, I rate this cruise as Average.
Paulirma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3B
Clean. Ample storage. Just the hot water and TV problems mentioned above.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins