• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Paulirma
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Embarkation was very easy. On the ship within 5 minutes of arrival. Cabin was clean as expected. Main dining room food was good, except some meals were sent back because they were served cold. Windjammer buffet was good. Shows were just average and there were no production shows. They did not have a Love and Marriage Game show which we have always found to be enjoyable. Service was excellent. We also like the fact that there were tables and chairs around the pool area, rather than all chaise lounges. Cruise Director was invisible on the entire cruise.

I WILL NOW ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS: On the first night, we could not get hot water in shower and sink. The following morning we called maintenance and they said they would fix this problem. We left the cabin for the day and when we returned, there was a note advising us that the hot water problem was resolved. I tried the shower for a few seconds and it was hot. I then decided to take a shower. After about 1 minute in the shower, the water began sputtering and black slime came out and was all over me, from head to toe. I jumped out of the shower and tried to wash the slime off me at the sink only to find that it's water was also black slime. I toweled off the best I could and called maintenance to report the issue. They told me that it was normal to get black slime after the hot water was worked on. They said that I should let it run for 20 minutes and it would clear up. I asked why the plumber didn't do it or at least leave me a note. Their answer was that he couldn't spare the time. They didn't even apologize for my problem.

I filed a complaint with customer service.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Clean. Ample storage. Just the hot water and TV problems mentioned above.

9 Helpful Votes