3. Carnival Horizon
This was my 2nd sailing on Carnival Horizon. We liked it so much cruising with one of our sons in June 2019, that after getting engaged in July and married in September, we decided to honeymoon on the Horizon. I'll follow the review model and give my insights about each category. Departed from Miami. We drove from Atlanta and parked across the street from the port. Perfect! We arrived early enough to wait for a covered spot vacated by people exiting the ship that morning. The cost is worth the convenience for us - about $22 a day I think. Embarkation: Pros - We didn't have faster to the fun this time around but it didn't matter. We were in the line and moving fast. No keys to get so the process is quick. We were on the boat in probably 15 minutes from getting in line outside the port. Having a passport makes it fast since they use facial recognition to match your face to the passport you have. Because we were in Havana area, we were able to be in our rooms as soon as we went to the area. Cons - None. It was fast! The Ship: Pros - It's beautiful and it's big! I've been on a about 6 Carnival ships and this one is by far the best. There was never a feeling of overcrowding. I felt like I was on vacation and that's my goal. Cons - As the ship goes I really don't have any. She's a beautiful girl. Our Cabin: Pros - We had a Havana Cabana cabin and it was amazing. I only want to be here for future Horizon or Vista class cruises. The extra outdoor space was very useful and the exclusive area was where we spent a lot of our down time relaxing. Drinks delivered chair side, frozen fruit delivered to. It was nice. Cons - It was more pricey and if you like to be in other areas you might not find it valuable. But it was really nice. Dining: Pros - our preference is anytime dining and it works great. We checked in on the app and showed up. Never had to wait. It was easy. Like all cruises, you can try multiple things if you'd like. The Specialty dining option were great. First time having JiJi's Asian Kitchen and it was delectable. We had duck and some other delicacies. They were all delicious. We also had the steakhouse and it was delish as well. Cons - the food in the MDR is mediocre. The food on the buffet is buffet food (not my fave ever in life). Guys burgers, Pig and anchor and the taco bar are all good options. Also don't forget the deli is great too. Entertainment: Pros - this time around, the only show we really enjoyed was the Love and Marriage show. We also enjoyed the music performed in the various areas. Cons - The comedians were painfully bad this time around and this is usually our favorite entertainment. After trying a few times, we gave up. This is a toss up based on who's onboard. This time was bust for us. We don't usually do the big theatre productions because we have found them to be a bit hokey. Service: Pros - service was stellar throughout our trip. Everyone caters to you onboard. It was nice. Cons - none. Ports & Shore Excursions: We decided to go with the flow and didn't book any ahead of time. We enjoyed the ports and took a train ride through town at one port. It was just okay. My son went on the summer trip on the Horizon. He loves cruising and meeting other kids. He likes the autonomy he gets onboard too. He was 13 when we went in June. He loved it! We are going on the Carnival Magic for Spring break in April 2020 with both of our teen sons. They can't wait! I would go on Horizon again but only in the Havana area. We are taking a Celebrity cruise on the new Apex. Looking forward to that one too.

Horizon Havana Cabana was worth it!

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by MrsCollier

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

MrsCollier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE
It's my fave now and I want to always have the exclusivity of the Havana area.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    enjoyed this tour very much! the tour guide/driver was very knowledgeable. Enjoyed the stops. The bus was well maintained an AC worked well. We actually got off of a lesser maintained bus to get on this one.
    View All 223 Island Tour Reviews