• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Viking Orion Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

You're going to love it!

Review for Viking Orion to Alaska
Zoomey
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin:

My husband and I really wanted to do something special for our 40th.

We were so glad that we booked the pre trip to Vancouver. The hotel Hyatt Regency was in the perfect location in the center of the downtown area. We upgraded and popped for a room on one of the high floors where we had a gorgeous view of the city even into the harbor. When the Hyatt learned we were celebrating our anniversary they sent up a complementary cheese platter and two glasses and a half bottle of wine. Just a little inside tip, we booked Vancouver foodie tours independently for our 2nd day. Our host Nadia treated us to some of Vancouver's finest dining. We also enjoyed the included City tour with its highlights of Stanley Park, the Lion Gate Bridge and Chinatown. We fell in love with the city and we're so glad that we had an extra two days to explore.

Before I go any further I'd like to mention some tips for packing. I suggest you pack for everything from rainy weather to sunny skies. I can't emphasize enough how important layering is in Alaska. I tend to get cold easily and was grateful that I had brought along a packable lightweight down jacket for the cruise on the Misty fjords.

2 Helpful Votes