3. Carnival Glory
Starting off on a positive note, it is evident the culture on this ship is focused around excellent service. Somewhere between 95-99% of the staff is incredible at their job. The cabin I stayed in seemed very reasonable, although the walls in(I think) all the cabins are very thin and a nightmare for light sleepers. The majority of the food I ate ranged from good to great quality. There’s a lot of tasty meals and snacks to be had. The on board entertainment was also a big highlight, there is plenty to do. Now one of my big cons comes in the form of organization. The ship was to leave at 3:30pm. We left at 6:30pm. It seemed the embarkation and debarkation was a you-know-what show. The onshore excursions were very unorganized. Our time would got cut every time and things listed to be on the package, weren’t. I was let down on all three locations. I’ll give you an example, we went to the Dolphinaris excursion in Cozumel (unlimited food and drink dolphin encounter or something of that nature), the gentlemen told us from the jump on the Pier that our excursion wasn’t ready, we waited, we waited, we signed a form, we handed in our ticket, we waited, we walked, and right before we got on the taxis they started to give us back our tickets to sign? Why didn’t we do that immediately? We lost so much time. Even if carnival has no control over this, they shouldn’t be handing us over to these clowns. Additionally, half the activities on this excursion got axed for slightly rough water. No kind of reimbursement. Onto me getting trapped in an elevator with a woman having a panic attack. On the night after leaving Cozumel, we were hitting some rough waves and I got stuck in an elevator on the NINTH floor, Carolina in guest services didn’t seem to care and suggested it wasn’t a big deal because I was only having 90 feet above the ground level for thirty minutes. Big ups to Carolina. Now with all this said, thanks to my loved ones and the convenience of the onboard activities/food, I had fun. But the Glory needs to address some of these problems going forward.

Decent first time cruise

Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Glory price drops

the cabin is about the size of some RV’s. I was pretty satisfied and liked to retreat to it when I was feeling overwhelmed. Walls were thin and maybe five-six cabins down there was a persistent sewage smell.
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans