3. Seabourn Odyssey
Honeymoon We had a PH for 4 weeks. My parents joined us on 4th Jan. My 82 old mum was ill for the last days of the trip and was disembarked by ambulance to a hosp in Barbados on 18/01 thereby missing flt back to the UK. My 83 old dad has dementia. My mum was discharged today and has been pronounced fit to fly by the doctor after suffering with pulmonary congestion. My problem is this, we booked our tickets with Seabourn Flight Ease, first class with BA. I am unable to access the booking as it says agent has to do it. I now hear from BA that Seabourn called to amend the ticket but BA needed further information. Seabourn did not go back to them until after the flight had left so we were classed as No Shows. BA have said that it is down to Seabourn to sort it out, they are the named party on the Atol certificate. Seabourn Family Assistance in Seattle are telling us that they can not assist us and our only choice is to purchase tickets for c$21,000Us, 3 club seats and 1 premium economy. I am getting no where fast! Having spent over £60,000 on this trip I feel that Seabourn have left us high and dry! Our time onboard the Odyssey was very nice, although having sailed on Seabourn for many years we notice the cutbacks. On the whole the staff were great, especially the bar staff, our stewardess, who couldn’t do enough for us and although service in the Restaurant was a bit hit a miss we found a great waitress called Beiber who was amazing. Special thanks goes to Mirelle, the assistant hotel director, Alex, the head sommelier and Chiprian in the sky bar. The doctor and nurses were lovely to my mum and all of their work to get her disembarked by ambulance and admitted to hospital was second to none. The cruise director Robert was great and the singers were superb. We ate in the Thomas Keller restaurant twice and that was very good, although limited on choice.

Think twice before booking with Seabourn

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by Poppyprincess

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

The cruise director Robert was great and the singers were superb.

Poppyprincess’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Odyssey price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH
Cabin v nice, have stayed in it before. Stewardess was excellent!
Deck 10 Suite Cabins