We are experienced cruisers who generally avoid Carnival, but in this case found a price that was tough to beat and a schedule that worked perfectly. Despite boarding the ship with a questionable attitude, we found ourselves having fun more often than not.
1. Our oceanview cabin was surprisingly attractive, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly functionable, if a bit simple, and the water pressure was fantastic.
2. The food was actually pretty decent, especially in the MDR.
3. The vibe on the ship was FUN FUN FUN. People of all ages crowded the public areas day and night dancing and simply enjoying themselves.
4. Add-on's like water and WiFi were reasonably priced.
1. The Tiffany buffet - the smallest buffet I have ever seen on a ship, with only one food section (we had Italian, French, American and Caribbean for each of the four days we were on the ship) and a deli counter, salad bar and dessert section. Hardly a wide selection of food, and cooked vegetables were nowhere to be found.
2. Rust - Any parts of the ship that used to be white are no longer pristine - this ship is showing its age. However, at night it was pretty gorgeous onboard.
3. Fellow travelers - Yikes.
4. Dishevled employees - Rumpled uniforms, weird unifoms (hard to tell employees from passengers) - it just didn't feel anybody was taking much pride in their appearance.
For a cheap getaway this was a good ship with friendly service. There was some noticeable rocking but nothing too nauseating. Easy embark, painful debark process.