• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mousewalker
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin:

My favorite things about Viking is their attempt to please their customers. We love the elegance of the ship. So many places to “secret” yourself away. Peace and quiet. Little of the frantic “go do this, go do that.” I love the lack of children.

The wait staff in the restaurant could do a better job if they were more formal in the serving and removing plates. Many times the servers reached across my plate to do something. Many times they hastily splashed water as they poured it. They need to slow down and be more purposeful in attending to the restaurant customers. The food was excellent.

I also noted that getting a seat near the window was difficult. It appeared that the windows were reserved for “I don’t know what.” We were placed in the noisiest seat in one of the specialty restaurants and had to ask to be moved. Why weren’t we put in the better seat in the first place? I shouldn’t have to be put in the awkward position of asking to move. It kind of spoiled the dining experience.

I LOVE the bathroom. Shower experience is excellent. Perfect.

The hanging closet is poor and more storage would be better, especially for a two week cruise.

Port Reviews

Eidfjord

Our train excursion was cancelled and we should NEVER have been taken all the way there when we could have stayed on the ship. It was a very long, unnecessary bus ride. They knew we weren’t going to be able to take the train but put us all on the bus, nonetheless.

Stavanger

Very excellent day. I wouldnt change a thing.

Aalborg

Really nice walking excursion.

Copenhagen

Enjoyed the river cruise, especially.

Gdansk (Warsaw)

I had a nice time on ship but my husband didn’t feel well.

St. Petersburg

I felt that more time should have been allotted at the Hermitage. At least two extra hours for wandering on our own. Our guide was wonderful.

St. Petersburg

We were lucky enough to have the same guide each day and she did an excellent job orienting us and getting us around. She was extremely candid, which I really appreciated.

Helsinki

It was such an enjoyable drive, experience and had the added value of a Salmon soup. It was so much fun. I learned so much.

previous reviewnext review