Viking Jupiter Cruise Review

Pure Elegance

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by mousewalker

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

My favorite things about Viking is their attempt to please their customers. We love the elegance of the ship. So many places to “secret” yourself away. Peace and quiet. Little of the frantic “go do this, go do that.” I love the lack of children.

The wait staff in the restaurant could do a better job if they were more formal in the serving and removing plates. Many times the servers reached across my plate to do something. Many times they hastily splashed water as they poured it. They need to slow down and be more purposeful in attending to the restaurant customers. The food was excellent.

I also noted that getting a seat near the window was difficult. It appeared that the windows were reserved for “I don’t know what.” We were placed in the noisiest seat in one of the specialty restaurants and had to ask to be moved. Why weren’t we put in the better seat in the first place? I shouldn’t have to be put in the awkward position of asking to move. It kind of spoiled the dining experience.

All in all, I would go again in a heartbeat. I love the Viking ambience.

My cabin was perfect.

I love the transfer experience in that I am not left hanging on how to get to the ship. Love the wine and beer with meals feature.

mousewalker's Full Rating Summary

I LOVE the bathroom. Shower experience is excellent. Perfect.

The hanging closet is poor and more storage would be better, especially for a two week cruise.

Eidfjord

Our train excursion was cancelled and we should NEVER have been taken all the way there when we could have stayed on the ship. It was a very long, unnecessary bus ride. They knew we weren’t going to be able to take the train but put us all on the bus, nonetheless.

Stavanger

Very excellent day. I wouldnt change a thing.

Berlin

I liked the time we had in Berlin but the train ride was not at all comfortable. The seats were not comfortable and the legroom was ridiculously limited. I’ve ridden on first class trains in Europe and that is what I expected. Leg room and comfort for 3 hours, each way. I would not do that again.

Gdansk (Warsaw)

I had a nice time on ship but my husband didn’t feel well.

St. Petersburg

I felt that more time should have been allotted at the Hermitage. At least two extra hours for wandering on our own. Our guide was wonderful.

St. Petersburg

We were lucky enough to have the same guide each day and she did an excellent job orienting us and getting us around. She was extremely candid, which I really appreciated.

Helsinki

It was such an enjoyable drive, experience and had the added value of a Salmon soup. It was so much fun. I learned so much.

Royal Canal Tour

It was a very nice excursion. Excellent guide but the boat was not suited for a guided trip. It was comfortable but the seats faced the center so it was good for a party but not for looking outside. The windows were small and the view was over everyones shoulder as your back faced the view.

View All 17 Royal Canal Tour Reviews