• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Sky Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Great Time on a Budget Cruise!

Review for Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas
Kimm14
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony

This was my first ever cruise. I read a ton of reviews leading up to the sail date so I figured I would contribute as well, because I found them helpful!

After reading the reviews, and knowing what we paid, I went onto the trip with the expectation that it was a budget friendly trip. I had no expectations of luxury and my expectations were met. This is not a bad thing! But as a first time cruiser you hear stories of these impressive ships with unbelievable food and service and being "wowed". So I held out a little hope for that wow experience but just know before you book that this is indeed a budget, not luxury, ship.

A few things to note:

Balcony

I liked our cabin!! It was small of course but I knew it would be. We weren't in it all that often. Our other friends stayed in cabins 9263 and 9264. We figured out how to open the partitions between our balconies and we could all sit out there together which we loved. However I dont think you're supposed to do this. Just a fun tip if you're traveling with friends.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Very crowded. A lot of Bahamians harassing you to purchase items especially at the public beach beside Atlantis. Atlantis was cool to see.

Great Stirrup Cay

Was so excited for this stop but it was cancelled because of wind. Not the cruises fault by any means but just too bad. Ideally they have a port instead of needing to tender.

Key West

Key West is so fun. We popped in and out of bars and walked along Duval.

Find a Norwegian Sky Cruise from $279