• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Hot chocolate costs $4.50 in the Jean Philippe chocolate shop
This is what passes for the attention of a sommelier in the Gray Pearl dini
Inscrutable plumbing fixtures. There is a way to change temperature, pressu
Multi-lingual ship

The MSC Grandiosa is a very mixed experience, and whether it makes sense for you depends a lot on what you value and what gets under your skin.

I will first describe the things on MSC Grandiosa that are first-rate. Then I will describe what I think is poorly done, and will represent deal-breakers for many. After that I will describe the ship's overall philosophy, and the type of person for whom that might work well, and what you'll want to be looking out for.

We boarded in Genoa on Saturday January 11. They told us to show up at 3pm, but when we did we were the only ones there; we could have boarded much earlier, and I wish we had.

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

Balcony cabin midship was a little tighter than on the Crown Princess or Celebrity Summit -- you almost can't walk around the bed -- but beautiful, well-lit, good storage, and highly functional. You'll need most of the week to figure out how to increase the water pressure in the shower. Don't push; don't turn. Push-and-turn simultaneously. There are both American and European plugs at the desk; no plugs in the bathroom.

Port Reviews

Genoa

This is not a very nice town.

36 Helpful Votes