• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Norwegian Jade Review

Editor Rating
1925 reviews
22 Awards

Very good value. Ship & Stateroom Good. Food & Service Sub Par.

Review for Norwegian Jade to Asia
edcarp
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
NCL Jade
Minisuite 11540

I chose this cruise due to its Itinerary and price. They were offering a low single supplement cost, which made it very attractive. I booked a single-supplement, mini-suite for $1,300 total.

My expectations were low. I haven’t sailed NCL for many years. Most of my recent cruises have been on Cunard, but was using a recent RCCL cruise as a point of comparison. Comparing NCL to RCCL on these two cruises, I would definitely choose NCL over RCCL in the future.

NCL’s not good at everything, but on the factors that make a cruise enjoyable for me, they did very well. My room was smartly appointed and quiet despite being under the pool deck and having a connecting door. The bathroom was well thought-out as well with terrific water-pressure, a large tub, and the ability to close off each area from the other, allowing a couple or family to use different functions simultaneously.

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Terrific room. Some noise from pool deck above, but not too bad. Good space, well-appointed with a nice balcony. Bathroom had great water pressure and smart design. I didn’t hear anything from the adjoining room.

Port Reviews

Singapore

I love Singapore

Langkawi

Took a cab to the Holiday Villas resort to use their pool and beach.

Phuket

I hate Phuket. Terrible, noisy and dirty.

Penang

Was able to walk into the city from the port. Interesting city. Lot’s of culture and interesting shopping.

4 Helpful Votes