3. Symphony of the Seas
We are a puertorrican family composed by mom (47), dad (48), daughters (19 and 21). In January 2 we fly from Puerto Rico to Ft Lauderdale, to board Symphony of the Seas on January 4. We stay in Hampton Inn Coconut Groove/Coral Gables, a small hotel with breakfast included, very good price per night and the best location ever (close to restaurants, parks, the train and public transportation), and rent a car. While there we visit the area with parks and cute restaurants with outside tables...great for an afternoon stroll . We eat in ARIETE, super good ambience. For the vegans, I can recommend two places that my daughter absolutely love in the Miami area: Veganoroma and L'Artisane Creative Bakery. On Saturday 4, we arrive to the port around 3pm, really quick process, where stand up representatives receive the ones with online check in. And onboard we were! Being in Oasis and Allure, Symphony does not feel very different, is big and beautiful. Lets go to the details. Food: The food is great, lots of choices in different venues. Does not eat in any of the specialty restaurants. We enjoy the breakfast in the Windjammer, Solarium, Park Café and the main dinning room. For lunch too, included the Taco Loco venue. All our dinners we go to the Main Dinning Room to our lovely Waiter VIKRAM, and Assistant Waiter ANELYN (in table 242). They go beyond our expectations and requests! My daughters enjoy the vegan menu they have available every night for them, its a great step from Royal Caribbean. We too enjoy the food from the regular menu. SHOWS: I went with high expectations in terms of the Broadway Productions. HAIRSPRAY: I have to say that I enjoy more the one in the Oasis of the seas. The one in Symphony is a bigger production, but the one in Oasis stick better to the story. HIRO: was canceled because of the wind and weather conditions. FLIGHT: Its the history of aviation, a little boring but visually is a beautiful production. 1977: Its a GREAT SHOW skating show, the better I've seen. COMEDY SHOW: Really don't like it, but maybe its something about american humor vs. latin humor. LOVE AND MARRIAGE SHOW: As hilarious as usual. PORTS: Roatan: I have make arrangements to visit the West Bay Beach and Roatan Chocolate Factory through Roatan Taxi Tour. But the day we visit this port was raining (Royal Caribbean cancel all the tours in that port because of the weather). So we stay in the port, I drink a hot and delicious coffee, my daughters buy some things and chocolates. Costa Maya: I make arrangements through Chac Ek Costa Maya, a little local company. Since the moment I contact them through FB, the way they received us in the agreed place, and the whole local experience with Tino and Hugo (the driver) everything exceed our expectations. BACALAR SEVEN COLORS LAGOON is more beautiful than you can imagine or see in pictures. Color perfect, fresh spring waters and spa with natural clay, while enjoying local beer, tequila and snacks. The experience includes a lunch at a really nice taco place, for 3 delicious taquitos, and they even prepare the most delicious avocado for our vegan daughters. Also a quick stop for the sweetest pineapples that grows in the town. A safe and unforgettable experience with great people. Cozumel: We pay for the X-PLOR All Inclusive Royal Caribbean Tour. I would like to share something important about this tour. The group is reunited in the theater, early in the morning. At 7:30 am you will be boarding a ferry, that travel through really brave waters, and will transport the group to Playa del Carmen. When you board they will give you a green bag...and soon you will know why. Lots of people will be around you, throwing up and feeling sick..they get out of the ferry looking like zombies. So, if you have motion sickness beware of this, please. We do not get sick, thank God, but something to take into consideration. Well, once in Playa del Carmen you will be transported in a really big and comfortable bus that will take in a short drive to X-PLOR. We have the time of our lives: 10 ziplines, underground rivers, hybrid car and a delicious buffet with lots of alternatives including one station with only vegan-vegetarian food. This tour is expensive, like $200 per person, but in our opinion it was worth it!!! You will walk a lot, and climb lots of staircases. Coco Cay: Another day with bad weather, rain and cold winds. We can not enjoy this beautiful paradise as we wish, because of this. Some attractions were closed to. The island is still under construction, but it is as beautiful as the pictures. CONCLUSION: We have a great time in Symphony of the Seas, all of us enjoy our vacation, the food, the service, the ports...everything. I love Royal Caribbean, and will continue traveling with them.

Puertorrican Family with Vegan Daughters in a Budget

ralip28’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V
We have two interior connecting cabins in deck 8 (551 and 553) and so conveniently located close to Central Park and stairs and elevators. The cleanliness and organization in the cabin was great all week, but no interaction from the people that offer that great service.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins