3. Viking Star
As always, the service staff was exceptional, from our arrival in Barcelona to our departure at Heathrow. The restaurant professionals were courteous, pleasant and friendly, unlike many of the guests. May I suggest hiring some entertainers and staff from the destinations being traveled. That was a feature that made our Russian voyage so richly rewarding. Evidently, the Brits received a much better package at a bargain price. They behaved boorishly and dressed poorly, even in the dining rooms. When commenting on their complementary Silver Package, one couple actually said to me "We don't have to drink that garbage wine." There was little emphasis on Spanish or English foods and beverages and I was unable to schedule even one visit to the Chef's Table or Manfredi's at my preferred times. The included shore excursions seemed short and rushed which was accentuated by the number of sea days. Our visit to Portsmouth resembled a tour that might have been given by a real estate agent. Malaga was beautiful and our guide very pleasant. Our visit to Santiago de Compostela was the exception. Our guide was very articulate and knowledgable, and projected the Viking image very well. I understand that the Iberian Explorer may be an outlier, yet given our recent experience we are less likely to travel with Viking any time soon and not as enthusiastic in our recommendations to others. Please call me If you wish for additional comments. I really enjoy engaging with each of your employees. Best wishes

I felt cheated.

Viking Star Cruise Review by dr.james.brzycki

Best wishes
dr.james.brzycki’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Though the cabin was in a higher category, it wasn't as spacious as the cabin we stayed in on the Viking Jupiter.