3. Empress of the Seas
I chose this cruise for the ports of call. Specifically for Puerto Rico and Virgin Gorda BVI. Two places I had never visited on the 12 previous cruises I had taken. I always wave the Royal Caribbean flag and tried Carnival ONCE and went back to Royal for all future cruises but this cruise was only HALF my dollar value. I get that weather can't be predicted BUT Royal KNEW that the weather was bad in the areas we were heading BEFORE we sailed because the moment we arrived, they had changed our ports of call due to "weather". So BVI was out. Weather was horrific. People were sick all over the ship and we never had access to the upper deck of the ship until the last 4 days (of an 8 day cruise). For two days we didn't have access to the pool. At one point the pool was completely empty. Then we arrived at Puerto Rico 3 hours late which meant it was now NIGHT. No chance we are roaming around Puerto Rico at night with only two women. St Thomas was ok but my excursion which was a Snorkel and Beach excursion turned into snorkel only and the cruise line only gave me a 10% discount even though I only received HALF of the excursion experience. Called Royal Caribbean customer service to inquire about compensation. Even a credit towards my next cruise. The answer was basically "go away". Wow. I did not get my money's worth and they won't even give me a credit towards another cruise to keep my loyalty. Airlines now have to compensate travellers that experience more that 4 hour delay or if they are stranded. The same thing should apply to cruises. So disappointed.

Received HALF a cruise

Torielis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin 4N
No complaints on the cabin or service.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cay Beach
    This port was added in place of Virgin Gorda. This was a nice outing and enjoyed it very much even though I had been here before.
  • Snorkeling
    This was supposed to be a snorkel and beach tour. We only went snorkelling then we sat on the catamaran for 45 minutes not doing anything and then back to the ship. 50% of what we paid for and cruise line only offered 10% discount
    View All 331 Snorkeling Reviews