• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Oasis of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
51 Awards

Great Ship, Excellent Service, Fun Cruise !

Review for Oasis of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
bryanem
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

Oasis is a big, fun ship, and since it was "Amped" it has a lot of fun things to do. It never felt crowded. I haven't cruised for 3 years an I am pleased to report the "Deck Chair Saving"is mostly gone ! I think both people are following the no saving rule and RC is enforcing it. On all my last RC cruises, it was rare I could find a deck chair anywhere near the pool or upper deck, as they were mostly saved with personal items or towel. I had no trouble finding an open chair, even by the pool in the middle of the day on sea days ! Amazing ! Great ! Food was good as always, even if I expressed mild interest in a second entrée, the waiters brought it to me without asking. Everyone was friendly and it was a lot of fun.

The only bummer of the trip was embarking and disembarking at Miami Cruise port Terminal A. Once you made it inside, getting on the ship was fast and easy. No lines. But it was absolute nightmare outside. I was in a one hour line to get dropped off and I arrived early at 10:30am. The taxi line on disembarking was 2 hours. The ride share area was very small and very crowded, utter chaos and you couldn't even move. The line of cars trying to pick up was very very long and very slow. Honking, yelling, it was just a madhouse. Everyone there was totally bummed out and my cruise vibe was totally erased. They need to upgrade and expand the waiting areas for taxis and ride sharing, it was just an awful way to start and finish the cruise. It's clear that RC treats this as an afterthought, when in fact, it really sets the tone for the trip when you have such a mess getting in and out. I never had anything near this bad at Port Canaveral or Port Lauderdale. I will never ever cruise out of Miami again until they get this fixed.

I guess the good news is if you can survive getting there, you will have a great time !

Ocean View Balcony

Nice Cabin, back of ship so closer to the Windjammer Buffet ! Deck 10 rooms are quiet because you only have guest decks above and below.

3 Helpful Votes