• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

marie42
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Late in the evening on Day 3, I got very sick that had me laid out for about 2 1/2 days likely from the bad food. It was the worst experience of my life. I was throwing up all night and had bloody diarrhea. I tried to call the medical clinic the next morning, but they were closed for some sort of medical drills util 4:30 p.m. that afternoon so I was told. The ship didn't even have pepto bismal for sale, which was ridiculous. My boyfriend even asked the customer service counter for Tums, and told them what had happened to me. They didn't care, they then sold him Tums for $4. So rude, especially when their ship poisoned me! Thankfully, my boyfriend was able to later find some medicine for my stomach in Mazatlan thank god.

A few days after we got home, we found out that another family on the same ship also became ill. I should have known, as the food was terrible everywhere we ate. I ate pork roast the night I got sick and thought it didn't taste right. My boyfriend had chicken. Also, the scrambled eggs in the buffet were swimming in egg juice. Salmonella? The food at the Crown Grill wasn't good at all either. How does anyone screw up a baked potato? But, they did! Outback Steakhouse is better. Not at all worth the price. Oh, and the milk they use for cereal I noticed didn't expire until December 2020! What kind of milk can last for nearly a year?! There has got to be some serious chemicals in that milk.

Additionally, the service everywhere was terrible. Nobody who worked there could speak English, let alone provide any information about anything, and they were pretty much rude. The ship was constantly moving up and down and you could hear it mostly in the dining rooms with the fixtures clinking around. We even went to a presentation about the ship, and the presenter (a member of the crew) boasted on how they don't even use the stabilizers, but have them! Our clothes were literally swinging in our closet! Everyone kept commenting on how much the ship moved, how bad the service was, how bad the food was, etc. (We had to keep taking dramamine.) Oh, and if you think the dining room breakfast (breakfast ends at 9am in the dining room, which is ridiculous) will be better from the buffet, it is not. Same exact gross food.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

The room was dingy and gross. Our air conditioning didn't work for 1 1/2 days. They kept trying to say it did, when nothing was coming out of the vents and it was hot as hell in there! I finally kept asking do you feel anything coming out, then the would pretend not to understand English and leave and fix nothing. They just gas lighted us until a manager finally appeared and made someone fix the AC. The shower curtain was discolored and gross. There were other people's hairs everywhere. We never got the same set of towels. One night we had bath towels and no others. (No hand towels, no washcloths, no bath mat, etc) Then, the next night we might have a bath towel and wash cloth, and nothing else. And, the plug in the bathroom isn't for a U.S. connection. I had to dry and do my hair over the desk, which was gross as those were the only plugs compatible with my equipment.

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

The nicest of all the ports. You could walk off the ship and take a cab to downtown which was very nice.

Cabo San Lucas

Took way too long on a little boat with no air circulation to get from the boat to Cabo.

Mazatlan

This was a scary place. We saw the military drive by with masks on with rifles in a jeep.

Los Angeles