3. Costa Fortuna
I booked back to back cruises on Fortuna over Christmas. After reading some negative reviews, I was a bit wary but I loved all of the 2 weeks onboard. Having cruised mainly on Princess (where it's impossible to get a chair for coffee in the atrium), it was wonderful to sit and enjoy coffees on deck 3. The atrium on Fortuna has a glass roof on deck 11 and glass elevators all the way to deck 2. Natural sunlight and a feeling of elegance made this my go-to area for people watching with Illy coffee (best coffee I have ever had on a ship, around $4, buy 25 and you receive a tin of 125g coffee to bring home). Not many Australians cruised, but plenty of Europeans flew in. I booked an inside (lowest price) cabin. It seemed very spacious. Bonus -they have installed a usb port on the dressing table. Buying onboard internet is not cheap. Like most buffets, you have to queue at opening and the food is slanted towards Italian. Pity they close the food outlets for parts of the day. Fortuna makes the best french fries and mousse desserts I've ever had! (probably lucky they are not open all day!) A few nights, the party beside deck 9 pool goes on until 12.30 and mid-ships deck 8 cabins are really rocking. Overall, Fortuna is an elegant ship and I am pleased I also booked her re-positioning Singapore to Italy in March also, but this time it's a balcony.

Stunning decor with small ship feel

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by dawnprincess2010

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

dawnprincess2010’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC
Really nice cabin, except when the pool party is on a deck above - luckily not often. Plenty of storage with 3 wardrobes, one of which is shelving. Bathroom has many glass shelves.
Miami Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins