3. Norwegian Joy
First time on the Norwegian line. We had high hopes since this is a pretty new ship (built in 2017) and then had a major refurbishing in 2019. And while some of those hopes were met, others were not. We had heard of the Premium Beverage Package that comes with the 5 free offers and so we were looking forward to that. Yes, it was nice, but in all honesty, my husband and I are not big drinkers and so we would have been fine without it. The food was just ok. The first night's dinner was inedible. Horrible. I ordered the strip steak and it was extremely tough. My husband had scallops as an appitizer. They were the tiny little bay scallops and the plate was kind of a joke that they put in front of him. Needless to say, the food is definitely not up to par with the food we have had on Royal Caribbean and Princess. There is only one small pool for adults which was odd. And in order to use the sauna/steam room, you had to pay or book a treatment in the spa. We have never encountered that on other cruise lines and were disappointed in that. Our stateroom, on the other hand, was fabulous! We had a concierge level family suite with a virtual balcony. Very, very nice. Two bedrooms and a sitting/living area. The one bathroom had a large shower and the main bedroom was complete with a basically full-sized tub. The stateroom was actually the best part of the cruise! The entertainment was also just so-so. The comedy shows were fabulous and the comedians were very, very funny. We also so Footloose which was adequate. The magician, Po, was not very good. Very rudimentary magic. We were very disappointed in him. The Elements show was somewhat entertaining but a lot of it featured the magician Po and that was its downfall. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I know they work very hard and it shows. The ship is clean and they do a good job on the upkeep. So did we have fun? Yes, we did. Are we rushing to book another Norwegian cruise? No, we are not.

Just ok

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by csrsue

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Family Inside

The ship is clean and they do a good job on the upkeep.

csrsue’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Concierge Family Inside
Cabin CF
The cabin was the absolute best part of the cruise. It was very, very nice!
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins