3. Celebrity Equinox
Just returned from a solo 2 night cruise to Nassau. I flew into FLL the night before and stayed in Dania Beach - Jaxson's Ice Cream for dinner and Bake Shack for breakfast and snack - lots of interesting donut flavors - were wonderful. Took an Uber to Dania Pier and waded in the water. Equinox is looking lovely. Crew were fantastic. Very friendly. When prices dropped I moved to Aqua Class cabin 1525 port forward under the Persian Gardens. Very quiet area and cabin. Beautiful balcony views forward and aft. The new mattress and pillows were very comfortable although pillows are a bit soft - but they're long so easily squished into compact enough shape/support. The mattress is on a ridged platform. I brought an inflatable mattress wedge which worked well under one side - kept the mattresses together instead of separating. I was gifted a premium beverage package so enjoyed trying several drinks - many only a few sips. The Montaudon champagne was the best of 3 champagnes/proseccos I tasted but even better was the Peller Vidal Blanc ice wine for $32 a glass - had nonrefundable OBC that had to be spent so had two glasses. Divine. The lychee martini at the Martini Bar was fun to try. First night I ate in Blu at a 2-seater one away from the window before sunset. Tasted the two Rieslings offered as the sweetest they had - didn't find out about the ice wine until dessert! - but didn't like so no alcohol at dinner. Liked the cheese souffle and red snapper but not the asparagus soup nor cheesecake filling eclair. Second night I ate in Murano. The lobster bisque was disappointing. I had the Dover Sole and half the lamb. Nothing wrong with the fish but the lamb, cooked to a perfect medium rare, was the star and I wished I'd just ordered that. The Valhrona Cocoa Cake was very chocolately and rich.. I left the bottom crust. Embarkation lunch and breakfast next morning was in the buffet. Lots of choices. Last breakfast was in Blu where the wait staff obviously felt rushed but were very attentive. Tried the mango madness smoothie with passion fruit which was interesting - love getting to try things on a cruise! Got my free gelato - you can have 2 flavors in the small size. I sat through 3 All McCartney Live songs before leaving. Elysium the second night was more my style. I wouldn't pay extra to see it but it was entertaining enough. In Nassau I had a morning snorkel excursion with Blue Hole Watersports which was fantastic with 2 stops - first with tons of fish and second with lovely coral. The 12:30 Deluxe Sailing through Celebrity was hardly luxe. 16 passengers and 2 crew. I must say the crew, especially second mate Tyler, were wonderful. 4 ladies wanted to snorkel with size 7/8 feet but they only had 1 set of fins that small. Very scant collection of snorkel equipment. I was happy I had brought my own mask/snorkel. Snorkel location not as good as the two morning ones in terms of fish or coral. The sandwiches included with lunch were premade slathered with mustard which I dislike so no sandwich for me. Margaritas were offered but then no mix was on board. The rum punch I had was very watery. I passed on a second one. Met a lovely mother/daughter pair from North Carolina who really added to my enjoyment of the excursion. They had enjoyed the silent disco the first night. Traveling solo I never lack finding pleasant folk with whom to talk. Chatted with a nice lady from Tampa waiting during the muster drill and saw her and her husband again for last breakfast in Blu. I added the Extend My Stay (more of that OBC that needed to be used) so had a relaxed breakfast and left my cabin at 9. Got to stay in cabin until 9. Met in Passport Bar until all passengers except B2B and us had left. Taken through Immigration and Customs then left our bags - couldn't bring luggage or carry-ons back on to boat - in a secure monitored area and waited in VIP lounge until allowed back on ship. Back on board at 10:30. Classic drink package was included. I spent time on a soft circular lounger on the pool deck. Had a peach daquiri and a Day at the Beach cocktail. Ate at the Mast Bar. I left early at 1 (latest was 1:45) and was led back to luggage area to retrieve my bags before Ubering to FLL. Great use of extra OBC and it was nice not being rushed in the morning and enjoying some extra warmth and sunshine before flying home to ice covered Baltimore We met at the Passport Bar until all the other passengers except B2B were off then through customs and immigrations, left our bags in a secure monitored area, and back onto the boat by 10:30. I enjoyed one of the soft round large loungers on the pool deck in the shade, a peach daquiri and later a Day at the Beach cocktail, and hot dog and fries at the Mast Grill. I left early at 1 (latest was 1:45). My first 2 night cruise and I really enjoyed it and soaking up the sun/warmth. When I got back to Baltimore to a day of freezing rain all the trees were covered in ice.

2 Night Nassau Cruise in Aqua Class

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by twins_to_alaska

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass
Just returned from a solo 2 night cruise to Nassau.

Equinox is looking lovely. Crew were fantastic. Very friendly.

twins_to_alaska’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2
I upgraded when prices dropped (for $10 more than an inside) to Aqua Class cabin 1525 port forward deck 11 under the Persian Gardens. A very quiet location and cabin. The newly revolutionized cabin was lovely. Very comfortable mattress and soft pillows. Still has the rain shower removable head and jets. Nice sized balcony with great views forward and aft. Bed near balcony.

I went to the Persian Gardens once for about 10 minutes to lie on one of the heated tile loungers. It was ok... the guy next to me fell asleep and was snoring. Also sat in the deck 11 Relaxation Lounge for about 10 minutes. It's a nice view but the outside one on deck 12 in front of the gym is better and not behind unclean glass.

I asked not to get the nibbles the full day as I was out with two excursions. They left a covered container anyway which included scallop ceviche... had a very unpleasant odor for a while after I got that out of the cabin.

I liked the smallness of Blu for the dinner and breakfast I ate there. Staff was attentive. Food fine.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    16 passengers and 2 crew on a 50 foot sailboat. Crew was great especially 2nd mate Tyler. Of 4 ladies who wanted size 7/8 fins they only had 1 set that small. Very scant supply of snorkel equipment. I was happy I'd brought my own mask/snorkel... have to admit I lucked out as first getting equipment to get those fins. Fish/coral ok if you haven't snorkeled much. Not as good as two locations for private excursion in the morning. Saw a half dozen huge rainbow parrot fish and a large purple sea cucumber. Tyler was giving out fish food. I don't approve of feeding the fish.
    Included lunch had sandwiches slathered with mustard which I don't like so no sandwich for me. Also had pesto pasta salad, tortilla chips and a TBLS of guacamole, some grapes, two frosted brownie bites, some cheese/olives.
    Drinks were included. Margaritas were offered but then no mix on board. They found a bottle of inexpensive champagne which quickly disappeared. I had a watery rum punch and passed on a second.
    Motored out to reef and on way back put up main sail and the small storm jib for a few minutes. We were unlucky to have wind and rain before and after snorkeling and many folk were cold, huddled in their beach towels.
    A lovely mother/daughter pair from North Carolina were seated next to me up top front before sailing and they greatly added to my enjoyment of the excursion. At one point with the rain pounding down only the daughter and I were left above deck with the captain. The others were all down below.
    I booked as only afternoon excursion offered and I was hoping for more snorkel time. I got that. Price dropped from $105 to $99 to $84.15 so I kept canceling and rebooking.
    View All 13,743 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews