Viking Orion Cruise Review

July, 2019 Scenic Alaskan Cruise

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Judy Wright

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

We chose Alaska because my parents lived in Alaska before I was born and I have always wanted to go.

We chose Viking because we had taken the Viking River Cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest -- and LOVED it! We loved the smallness, the service, the food, the sightseeing! Everything about it made us want to take an Ocean Cruise with Viking. And we found the same positives on the Orion. It was much larger--but small for an ocean liner. No negatives --all positive experiences.

We have talked to people who have taken other cruises and find that Viking is the premier way to go. The cabins were large and well equipped. So many things that cost extra on other lines are standard on Viking. Once you are onboard nothing is extra unless you want to take one of the additional excursions. I loved not having to worry about paying for extras, because they were all included--including the gratuities!

Now we have to save up for the next cruise. I have my eye on the "Tulips and Windmills" River Cruise, but there are many river and ocean cruises that I would be thrilled to take. I love visiting the food and culture of the countries we see.

One thing I wish had been arranged was transportation (like golf carts) from the gangplank to the tour busses or trains. With limited mobility I chose not to attempt some of the included excursions. I now have an electric mobility cart that I hope will be allowed on my next cruise. Fortunately, there were places to sit along the way from our cabin to the dining room and theater.

Judy Wright's Full Rating Summary

EXCELLENT! Large and comfortable with everything we needed for a great trip. The sitting area was great and away from the bed area. I LOVED the children's art on the wall!

Skagway

Unfortunately, the weather made it such that much of the scenery was obscured. I would love to go back when the weather is better for sightseeing.

Judy Wright