• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Judy Wright
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin:

We chose Alaska because my parents lived in Alaska before I was born and I have always wanted to go.

We chose Viking because we had taken the Viking River Cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest -- and LOVED it! We loved the smallness, the service, the food, the sightseeing! Everything about it made us want to take an Ocean Cruise with Viking. And we found the same positives on the Orion. It was much larger--but small for an ocean liner. No negatives --all positive experiences.

We have talked to people who have taken other cruises and find that Viking is the premier way to go. The cabins were large and well equipped. So many things that cost extra on other lines are standard on Viking. Once you are onboard nothing is extra unless you want to take one of the additional excursions. I loved not having to worry about paying for extras, because they were all included--including the gratuities!

EXCELLENT! Large and comfortable with everything we needed for a great trip. The sitting area was great and away from the bed area. I LOVED the children's art on the wall!

Port Reviews

Skagway

Unfortunately, the weather made it such that much of the scenery was obscured. I would love to go back when the weather is better for sightseeing.

previous reviewnext review