• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Zuiderdam Review

Editor Rating
32 Awards

ZERO entertainment = HUGEST disappointment. Service = bad, rude. Nice old ship.

Review for Zuiderdam to the Caribbean
wendylamond
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Hi there. It’s January, and I’m back home in Michigan. We are all snowed in today so I’m finally going back to submit my review for my holiday cruise. Most of which I typed while I was on the ship, and some I filled in just now. (So please excuse my mixed tenses!) Here it is:

ROOMS:

It’s 4:24 a.m. and I'm on the ship, on Christmas Eve morning, actually. I’ve been thinking about it since my first dinner here, so why not start my review now, because the reason I’m awake now in the first place is because I’m suffocating in this too-hot room. I bought a small digital clock to take with me that also shows the temperature. I would get the room just right and the system was set to auto-regulate. Then it would be too hot. I finally figured out that any time housekeeping would come in the room, they were setting the thermostat back to their set point of TOO HOT AND STUFFY TO SLEEP. I am laying by the floor by the door now in hopes of sucking some fresher cooler air into my body and to limit the light from my iPad.

9 Helpful Votes