• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Viking Sky Review

Editor Rating
22 Awards

Attention to all the details

Review for Viking Sky to Transatlantic
SoIllinois cruiser
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

We liked the combination of a Western Mediterranean itinerary followed by a relaxing trans Atlantic cruise over the Holidays.

Our impressions were overwhelmingly positive and we would definitely cruise with Viking again, either River or Ocean. But I will point out two issues where this cruise did not match well with our needs. The excursions were top notch, and informational material made it clear that "moderate" exertion would be involved, with a lot of walking and standing, so I was prepared for that. What I did not expect was how long the walk at disembarkation/embarkation would be. Walking on/off ship was10-15 minutes at many ports, and a couple of times, I was pushed to my limits at the end of the trip. This concern was common among many on those tours, and we were not in the "limited mobility" category.

And second, a more minor concern was with the gym/exercise area. I practice yoga, and there were mats, props and floor space available. But right next to those of us looking for a quiet practice were men grunting loudly while they lifted weights. I quit going to the exercise area early in the trip and practiced on the floor of my cabin. I would have gone to more classes or used the mat area independently if there had been a quieter space.

1 Helpful Vote