3. Viking Jupiter
The “Into the Midnight Sun” itinerary was the answer to a long-held dream of visiting the countries of my ancestors, Scotland & Norway, & Viking’s excellent reviews & reputation sold me. As I had retired a week prior to sailing, it was the perfect way to celebrate. Embarkation at Greenwich could not have been easier & we found that everyone associated with Viking is professional, courteous, & efficient. Disembarkation in Bergen was equally smooth but by that time I didn’t want to leave the ship! My best friend & traveling companion is an experienced cruiser on other luxury lines & remarked that Viking’s process is the best by far. There was an unfortunate mechanical issue that meant we had to return to port for repairs & miss 2 of our destinations, but Viking really stepped up to compensate. We received a shipboard credit, free excursions to nearby areas of interest & a voucher for a future cruise (which we have just applied to the British Isles Explorer cruise this summer!). It also meant additional time to enjoy the thermal spa. And meeting the Countess of Carnarvon was a real treat! I really appreciate Viking’s focus on cultural immersion as opposed to being a “fun ship” line. The excursion guides were very knowledgeable & welcomed questions from the passengers. The coaches were comfortable & the drivers were excellent. The onboard lectures were great as well & I learned so much more about Scottish & Viking history. The food was superb no matter which venue I found myself in. The waffles at Mamsen’s, steak at Manfredi’s, & Afternoon Tea in the Wintergarden were my favorites, but I enjoyed everything, everywhere! The ship is beautiful & immaculate, & the birds “singing” in the public ladies restrooms are delightful. But the are just not enough superlatives for the crew! Everyone is so friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, & accommodating which made it very hard for me to leave! Despite the early challenge I had a wonderful time & can’t wait to cruise on the Jupiter again this summer.

Beautiful “Into the Midnight Sun Cruise” on Viking Jupiter 2019

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by robin52

robin52’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jupiter price drops

We were fortunate to receive a complimentary upgrade & the Penthouse Veranda cabin was wonderful! We were happy to have the additional storage space so we could unpack completely & not look at our luggage for the duration of the cruise. We had the beds separated & they couldn’t have been more comfortable as were the couch & chairs. And the bathroom was heavenly—the larger-than-usual shower & heated floor were pure luxury for me.
Our cabin stewards were great. They were so helpful, friendly, & courteous when we spoke with them & our cabin was always immaculate.
We were so pleased with the cabin that we are repeating the PV1/Deck 6 experience—on the Jupiter!—this coming summer!