3. Costa Fortuna
So I've read a lot of bad reviews about this ship and they are not true at all. I've cruised Costa before as well as Princess, Celebrity, NCL, RCI etc.. To start with it's worth saying that this is not an American cruise line, its quintessential European (Italian) and you get what you pay for! We paid for a suite for the same price of an ocean view on a similar Celebrity cruise itinerary of the far east. Pro's: - Free room service breakfast (for suites) was well worth it. It avoided the queues and the rather bland breakfast buffet. Really good option! - Staff were generally amazing. Especially restaurant staff, our Butler Angelo and our room steward Babbo (?) - Lunch buffet and dinner buffet were good. Not amazing but on par with carnival cruises -Evening meals at the speciality restaurant which is included for suite guests is good! Some really good options especially if you are a fish eater! - Clean ship with lots of pools and hot tubs, plus a free spa which is good -Suites are awesome and worth paying the extra for! Huge balcony and shower room, plus priority boarding , tenders, disembarking etc.. Con's: - Entertainment is generally terrible. I don't go on cruises for the entertainment, but if you do then please note this! You get what you pay for with the entertainment - The food is generally geared towards meat eaters at the sit down restaurants. Just a note for any vegetarians or vegans. I coped ok, but with a lot of cheese and pasta - The experience would have been considerably different had we not had a suite. Our friends had a standard balcony and said they didn't enjoy it as much due to not as great food options, queuing, no free drinks package , no butler etc.. we had such an awesome deal it made sense. Could never afford it on NCL or princess etc.. Generally very good, great itinerary and I would recommend it for anyone looking for something slightly different and cheaper.

Surprisingly good all round

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by Eastboundanddown

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Balcony

Pro's:

- Clean ship with lots of pools and hot tubs, plus a free spa which is good

Con's:

Eastboundanddown’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Suite with Balcony
Cabin S
Amazing!
Free drinks package including drinks delivered to your cabin by your butler and free drinks from mini bar. As well as a great Ily coffee pod maker in the room for free. Amazing power shower and huge balcony.
Napoli Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins