Viking Herja Cruise Review

The attention to detail was amazing and the staff and crew wonderfully helpful.

Viking Herja Cruise Review by brownkm4

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

We've never wanted to do an ocean cruise but were intrigued by river cruises. We chose Amsterdam to Basel because we have family in Basel and wanted to visit at the end.

The ship itself was clean and easy to find our way around. The cabin was comfortable and spacious with plenty of storage. The water in the mini-fridge was nice and the room was always welcoming.

Dining was great fun and the food was very good. It was nice to meet up with people at the end of the day and talk about what we'd seen and done.

We didn't participate much in the entertainment or activities, choosing to rest in between excursions. Though we'd heard good things from our cruise mates.

Service was incredible and the entire staff and crew were kind and helpful. I even left a bag on the ship and it was mailed to me right away.

Embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly, especially given this was our first cruise. Viking made it very easy. Transfers were amazing.

My husband and I are currently trying to plan another cruise and hope it will be soon. I recommend Viking River Cruises to everyone I can.

brownkm4's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite

The cabin was very comfortable and had ample place for storage. We WAY over-packed and still had plenty of room for everything. Our cabin crew kept the space very clean and tidy. We always had fresh fruit and a fridge stocked with water, soft drinks and beer. I would choose this room over and over again.

The only issue we had was that the bathroom always stunk. We kept the door closed or the smell would permeate the entire cabin. That is the only complaint. Otherwise the bathroom was clean, large enough to accommodate two people and the heated floors were amazing!

Amsterdam

We loved Amsterdam. We spent our time on our own rather than with scheduled excursions.

Heidelberg

Again, we spent our time exploring on our own. It was a lovely little city that we enjoyed a lot.

Notre Dame Cathedral

We weren't wowed by our guide, she talked mostly of her daughter. Once the tour was over, we explored on our own and enjoyed the sights and cafes.

View All 95 Notre Dame Cathedral Reviews