3. Viking Jupiter
We chose this cruise while on another Viking ocean cruise. We received several perks (cruise credits for current & future cruise, Silver beverage package & discounts) for immediate booking. We were elated with the entire experience from start to finish! Our Viking agent helped with air transportation and notified us of any airline scheduling changes made after initial booking. The transfer from airport to ship was seamless & comfortable. We explored Valparaíso by taking the optional Artists Tour, and again we were enthralled by the kindness, quality and craft of the talented artists. Embarkation was seamless for us. Our room was ready. Our Cabin Stewards, Danica and Jeremy greeted us and introduced us to our new surroundings. They were a team that worked well together & were able to help us address minor cabin maintenance issues with immediate follow up. The Viking Jupiter is new. It is beautiful. Though we had a couple days of rough waters on the Pacific my motion-sickness prone companion did not become ill. Executive decisions were made to not complete the passage around Cape Horn and we recognized their buy in to safety first. It was appreciated by us. Whether dining at the Restaurant buffet, Mamsen’s or reserving with Manfredi’s or the Chef’s Table, our dining experiences were 5-Star. Wine sommeliers Daniel, Valaria, & Omega we’re indeed extraordinary in their descriptions of wine profiles and food matches to entice our palates. The food prep, temperature and spices were just right. Playing was beautiful. Salads were consistently fresh, flavorful and if dressed, the dressing was adequate. I personally enjoyed immensely the educational seminars by our invited educators and the historian in residence. I learned so very much about culture, economy, topography, government and their current issues. For me, this was a highlight. I’m not much into shows but I loved the classical duets and piano pieces played in the atrium. We made at least one shore excursion at every port. I appreciated the learning, though some local guides were clearly better than others. We ventured out some on our own as well, and that too made for a great cultural experience. We also tried the Nordic bathing ritual. In that hands of the Scandinavian professional, Elena (?) we learned how to relax and clean deeply. Unfortunately, the non-Scandinavian hair dresser did not know what she was doing. Her massages caused pain for some of us, and in fact one older gentleman yelped and added, “That hurt!” . It was our only “miss”. We have now signed up for 2 more Viking cruises as a result of our largely terrific experiences.

Perks for booking while on a cruise

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by VaporK8