3. Viking Star
We had gone on a Viking River Cruise and decided to try Viking Ocean (great reviews and an itinerary we liked). We had 3 generations (youngest was 19) and there were no complaints from anyone. We usually went on different shore excursions and all (except for one) were excellent. We had 3 cabins and they fixed the balconies so they could be connected - great place to "hang out" before dinner. The World Café was outstanding as was Manfredi's. The ship was well-designed and never felt crowded. Loved being able to watch in our cabin the descriptions of the next day's shore excursions. Aside from some of the Port Talks which were excellent, the Team Trivia activity which was lots of fun, and the Afternoon Tea which was well attended and a nice later afternoon break, we didn't see much of the entertainment - too tired from all of the days shore excursions. After dinner we spent a leisurely evening on our balcony. The staff in all venues was outstanding and they seemed to enjoy their jobs. We did the pre-tour extension in Venice and loved Viking's choice of hotel (Hilton Molino Stucky). I felt like everything from start to finish was very well organized. Embarkation and disembarkation went exceptionally smoothly - don't know how they managed to do the latter so well. We also used Viking Air Plus. I did this not because it was the best price (didn't do research, it may have been), but because I was concerned by strikes or problems beyond our control. I wanted to have a large company behind any problems and not just me. It turned out that there actually was a problem and Viking took care of it. Glad I made that choice!

As Good As We Had Hoped

Viking Star Cruise Review by boomeithor

boomeithor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Large, plenty of storage, great bathroom.