Viking Sea Cruise Review

Wonderful historical cruise

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Sharlyne

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

This was my first Viking Cruise, i have been on others but will only go on Viking. I did the Baltic cruise with 4 days in Iceland before and 1 day extra in Sweden at the end. The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly. The ship was very easy to get around and someone was always ready to help. All employees were friendly, helpful and willing to talk about there lives and working on Viking cruise ship. The food on the ship was wonderful. My favorite was the Restaurant for dinner. I love good food and I was not disappointed. The wait times were never long, was very organized. We used room service several times, especially when we had an early shore excursion. Food was on time hot and very good. . I went to some of the entertainment and some of the talks about our next port. I liked getting information about the ports. Service was excellent In all areas. I liked all the ports we docked at. I was disappointed that we could not dock in Gdańsk Poland because of bad weather but I understood. We then spent an extra day in Estonia which was one of my favorite countries. St. Petersburg was a revaluation because of the palaces and Hermitage, it’s amazing how well kept up the buildings are. We had a wonderful tour guide. He was so knowledgeable and a wonderful sense of humor. Both places we ate at were very good and so different. All the shore excursions were well organized, very interesting and a great learning experience. I took this trip with a good friend and I will only use Viking when traveling on water. I like the small ships and organization of Viking. You have changed my mind about cruise ships. THANK YOU

Sharlyne's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was what I expected, instead of a small couch I would rather of had 2 comfortable chairs. Beds were worked fine. We had the queen bed separated into twin beds, which worked. The bathroom was wonderful, i loved the heated floors, plenty of storage and always hot water for the shower.

Market Square

I was not happy with this tour. The tour guide was to busy talking about women’s rights in Finland. We have enough political problems in the USA so I thought I’d get away from the political problems. I would rather have heard about Finland.

View All 8 Market Square Reviews