• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

warrenhickson
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Concierge Class 3

My wife and I wanted to repeat a similar Pacific cruise on the Solstice which we enjoyed several years ago. Overall the cruise was pleasant but was marred by several avoidable problems.

First, my wife's suitcase was mysteriously impounded by over-zealous ship security and we were left wondering whether, and when, it would be delivered to our cabin. Just before the ship's 5 pm departure and after receiving no effective assistance from our room attendant, we made our way to the ship's luggage hold on deck 3 only to encounter a line of 20 to 30 guests in a line also seeking release of their luggage. My wife had placed her allowed bottle of wine in her case which apparently triggers a warning on the security xray. It was only after a heated exchange with security (highlighting her urgent need to access her medication) that her suitcase was handed over. Hardly a good start to the cruise!

Soon after that episode we experienced a few frustrations with the quality of the wines available in our Classic Drinks Package which has somewhat arbitrary price restrictions. These problems, and the unhelpful attitude of some bar staff, were resolved when we received an apology and compensation from the Beverage Manager.

Concierge Class 3