3. Costa Luminosa
We have just been on our first cruise with Celebrity so of course we compared We come from Canada so we flew to Fort Lauderdail,. We enjoyed the ease of getting onto the ship, we loved our room, our steward was great "boy they work hard". We had the early dinner in the restaurant, The first problem i had was no plug to work for my cpap machine but the English Rep on the boat sorted that out and our lesson was learned yes I had already learned to take an extension cord. The food was an issue but only because I have an allergy to the protein in Milk not lactose intolerant no sensitivities but a full blown allergy, which means no butter milk cheese yogurt cheese and think about baking and butter and milk are in most things so it makes like hard for me. The restaurant manager sorted this out by me ordering my meal for the evening the day prior. Lesson for me to take a list of foods I like for breakfast and lunch we were placed in another section of the restaurant along with others who needed different things, in one way it was great as I met a lady from Germany who had the same problem as myself we could not speak much about the situation but we hugs in understanding. The ship is spotless in every way. The entertainment in the theater was great, we know most of the time its there own staff who put on the shows but for 45 minutes we were entertained we did have a great singer who was shipped in, we also had a very very bendy lady and her partner they were brilliant, so no complaints about the entertainment. Now the activities were so much dam fun, the restaurant staff entertained us I danced with my waiter "who i will say was very cute" we did the conga around the eating area so much fun. They also have a great dance area for real dancing which was great to watch others do, but they also had a crew of young people for line dancing and games we did win some pickle bats and a tote bag it was so much fun to join in.. IF you don't join in you miss out on having fun Im 68 and i set out to have fun with my hubby and it was great. Our time on shore was great ANYONE WHO GOES TO JAMAICA do go on the bob slay don't use the brakes trust and enjoy your ride its fantastic. Would we ever go on this boat again HELL YES Im just waiting for a cruise I can afford again. I would love to do a transatlantic cruise with them but the flights to get from or to the ship costs to much right now.. AS soon as we can we will be back.

Christine from Canada

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by Christine Henderson

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini Suite with Balcony

The ship is spotless in every way.

Christine Henderson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Luminosa price drops

Mini Suite with Balcony
Cabin MS
We so loved our room, shame the cruise line allows smoking on the balcony as smoking makes me cough so I had to come in as someone was smoking. That was the only down fall, our steward was sooooo good, he works so hard I have to say the cabin was cleaner than Celebrity as the phone there was very dirty and we never got service twice daily we went for breakfast and came back and the room was done which I loved. I so want to do this again, I will add the room and bathroom had lots of storage, great ship great staff want to return
Topazio Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins