3. Norwegian Epic
Had a great cruise on the Jan 5th to the 16th! There was enough talk about the balcony suites before I left so there was no surprise. We actually found it convenient to have the toilet, shower and sink separated. And, no, agreed... tighter than usual for passing. Our embankment was about perfect! Exactly an hour from hotel to being onboard the ship searching out the buffet! (11:30-12:30) Our captain changed two ports to avoid the gale force winds we encountered. We were disappointed to miss the scheduled St Kitts and Antigua however happy to have them replaced with others so that we didn't loose port days I wouldn't have enjoyed the terribly rough seas resulting in neither shore days at all. We heard no one complain, but I'm sure there were a few... The food was as good as expected - never a shortage or variety. The Buffet always had scads of food for the enormous loads of hungry people. The hardest thing was to see all the waste. I enjoyed every bite! And, so appreciated the washy washy Sweetheart that you encountered every time you approached the Buffet. Never heard of anyone being sick on our tour. There may have been. We both found every staff member extremely friendly, courteous and so helpful. Our room attendant Vincent, introduced himself immediately and happily rewarded us our every whim. All staff went out of their way to be happy and helpful. And we couldn't thank them enough. We found the entertainment to be really good. In fact, I sensed that the general feeling was that of entertainment overload. We all had a feeling that there should be something epic happening every hour. The shows were excellent, however it was a bit dicey trying to get into them if one didn't book previous to the cruise. We did get to see most. The two big shows were great, we especially enjoyed Priscilla, the cirque dreams in the tent was exciting (although I don't feel there should have been an extra charge), the Beatles and the comedians and the piano duel were all well worth attending. My big complaint there though is the fight to get into them. It's our opinion that the venues are all too small for the number of folks on the ship. Thankfully the Beatles went from the Cavern to the showstage, otherwise we would have missed them. And, even then every night there was standing 3 and 4 deep. Even when you did get to a venue more than 1/2 hour prior to show, it became uncomfortable because of the number of people crammed in. And trust me, these people are ruthless. I'm in my 60's and realize that they don't make men like they used to. I'd been trampled on and pushed back on every occasion. I'm short, so to stand without a seat was hopeless even when i started out with a good spot. This was our 7th cruise, the first on NCL. I would not hesitate to recommend NCL or Carnival or RCL to anyone. Not so much MSC, just a personal opinion. In our younger years we chose resorts as they were usually less money and offered all we wanted. In later years we developed a love for cruising. No driving or work of any kind, more food than you could ever want, someone cleaning up behind us whatever we did. Often a new port to experience upon waking. Amazing excursions to experience, gambling, top shows... Personally, our biggest hurtle is coming from Canada, it becomes costly with the dollar difference and flights. Our experience with cruising on the Epic was fabulous. If the itinerary is to your liking then don't hesitate! She's a great ship with great staff onboard! There is most often being offered these perks for drink pkgs and excursion rebates, etc as was ours. We are not alcohol drinkers, so we didn't go for this. We did 3 excursions with NCL and others were on our own. Good to do the Speciality Restaurants, of course. I would take a soda pkg definitely but never a water pkg. Take along a cup and use the ice and water from the buffet area. It's good drinking water. Best advice is to book everything in advance - your shows, dinner dates and excursions! That way you won't be disappointed.

Epic Experience!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by dblws

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony
Had a great cruise on the Jan 5th to the 16th!

dblws’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6
Happy with our cabin. At times a bit cramped when both getting dressed. Larger balcony Had no issue with the dreaded bathroom experience. Was actually more convenient for us as a couple
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins