• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Elation Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

Carnival could have done better

Review for Carnival Elation to the Panama Canal & Central America
margaritawoman
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Apr 2010
Cabin:

This was our 10th cruise with Carnival. We enjoyed being platinum especially the free wash and fold service on a 15 day cruise this is the best. I will give the positives first.

The dining room was as always. The dining experience is always one of our favorite things about cruising. We had great service and food was good to great. Our cabin stewards were also some of the best we have had in 25 cruises.

These are my negatives. The ship is in BAD shape. The carpets are very stained and worn. The cushions in the theaters are worn and need replacing. In the adults only area in the back of the ship, the cushions on the lounge chairs were so stained I would not sit on them.

Needs updating stained carpet, tile in bathroom stained, mirror needed replacing on the vanity. It had a very small balcony for a mini suite. We had to turn our chairs sideways to be able to sit out there together. We are not large people.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

In Cabo we did a glass bottom boat tour that we booked off ship.

Acapulco

We did the cliff divers tour booked through the ship. The Cliff Divers were amazing, Acapulco itself was disappointing.

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)

We did the Coffee Plantation tour booked through the ship. We enjoyed this tour very much. This tour also included lunch, our guide was very good.

Cartagena (Colombia)

We had been here before we booked the city tour. We had been here on a Princess cruise in February about 10 years ago. It was so hot this time I was having problems with the heat so I ending staying on the bus at the last stop. Our guide said it was 95 with 100% humidity.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

One of my favorite ports. We just got off walked around did a little shopping, went to a great bar over looking the water front had some lunch and great margaritas

Find a Carnival Elation Cruise from $199