3. Crown Princess
I’ve enjoyed cruising on Crown Princess before but this trip was not up to par. One of the generators was out and we skipped the stop at Princess Cay because the ship couldn’t run fast enough to make the next port. After St Thomas the wind picked up and due to high seas we skipped Antigua. Understandable. We made next two ports and then skipped St. Kitts supposedly because of the weather. However, two other ships were able to dock. I think they couldn’t get back to Ft Lauderdale in two days under reduced power. This was a big disappointment. The company gave us 35% credit of the cost of this cruise toward another one plus $75 for missing Princess Cay. I felt we should have had at least 50%. The ship is showing wear and tear and now mechanical failure. I recommend sailing with Princess but would wait on the Crown Princess until dry dock repairs in November. In reading other reviews, the generator has been out since at least November. I enjoyed the food and had excellent service from our wait staff. We ate in Sabitini's (not a fan of the menu) and Crown Grill--love it. They have a pop up Crab Shack that we eat at every cruise--it's a delicious menu. Entertainment included a first class comedian and a fabulous pianist. We listened to his workshop presentations on the tv. There were several big production numbers. The cruise director did a lot of scrambling to fill the 3 unexpected sea days. Speaking of TV, the service went out several times including in the middle of the championship football game. Heard this problem from several other cruisers. The medallion service was a nice addition. we could keep up with our fellow travelers easily. It didn't work properly all the time. The ship is looking tired with stains and scrapes. One of the elevators was out of service the entire cruise. I love the Boss Underwater Scooter in St. Thomas. It's pricey but so much fun! It's the only excursion we did this time as the other ports were cancelled.

Missed half the ports of call

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Preachie Harper

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Preachie Harper’s Full Rating Summary