Pacific Explorer Cruise Review

An okay experience

Pacific Explorer Cruise Review by Smilingearth

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific

Our family of 4 had a 5 nights cruise to Tasmania. Both the embarkation and disembarkation were quite smooth. The public area of the ship is nice, but the cabin shows its age. We had a inside cabin. This was the first time for me to be in an inside cabin, so can't compare with other ships, but to me it is really small and there was no room to store our suitcases. I enjoyed the food at Angelo, other restarunts are okay, not fantastic. Especially the food at the Waterfront was disappointing. Our last dinner on the cruise I ordered a salmon dish. It was dry, overcooked and tasted like cardboard. The Pantry had a good variety of food, but not good quality. My kids really enjoyed the food there though. Entertainment and activities on the ship was good. My teenage daughter really enjoyed the shows at night and my 9 year old son enjoyed the waterslide and the pool. My husband and i went to the Love Riot show. We paid for a VIP ticket which included a 5 course dinner at the Waterfront before the show. We booked because we heard it was good, however I was disappointed. The 5 course dinner looked and sounded fancy, but the flavour was disappointing. The show iself was okay, but not worth the money. It's not any better than the free show you can get on the ship. The cruise director was very good. Other staff are a mix. Our cabin steward was very lovely. The lady who served us in the Dragon Lady was very nice, but some other the staff in the restaurants looked like they didn't want to be there. We curtainly didn't feel as welcome as we did on other cruises in some of the restaurants. We enjoyed the our shore excursion at Port Arthur and the tenering process was good, but it was possible because we booked the excursion with the ship.

Smilingearth's Full Rating Summary

It is really small and looks old. The pillows were not confortable.

Smilingearth