3. Norwegian Joy
We were on a casino comp cruise. We were initially assigned an interior room. A month before the cruise Norwegian sent an email advising we could bid for an upgrade. The link takes you to a bid screen with a graph barometer indicating your bid strength. The range poor to excellent. I bid $165 Per Person right on the first tick over from "Fair" to "Good" $165. Per Person total $330. Which in our case was a small supplement to pay. NOTE: for our Casino cruise we did have to pay a $100 per person admin fee plus Port fees and Tax of $144.14 Per person. To get on the cruise for two passengers was $488.28 (interior room) not including Bid. Now add the Upgrade Program Bid for Balcony which was accepted at $165.00 Per Person FINAL Total for two people in a Mid Ship Balcony was $808.38 Norwegian offered us ONE free perk. We chose 100 minute internet package. My husband requires internet to work and he agreed to join me with the hope he could get some work done. Norwegian sent a few more emails to up sell drink packages and shore excursions and an unlimited Internet package. This internet pkg was $99 (only one device can be on but we switched from lap top to phone very easily). Download the app on your smart phone, it was handy. I strongly suggest if you need Internet to purchase this if its offered, if you wait till you get on the ship it will be much more expensive. I recommend purchasing the communication option for $9.95 per person. This will enable you to text, call and send pics to your cruise mate. It was great to use when we needed to meet up, and touch base . The internet worked great for me, checking email, banking, and posting pics, etc. However, using it for my husband"s software work, and online meetings, it barely got him by, but he managed and was satisfied. I set up low expectations due to my experience with other cruise ship internet packages. Unlike my Carnival set time dinning experiences, the Free Style dining was awesome. I can not stress enough how important it is to book your dinner venue well before the cruise. Especially if you want a 5:30 to 7pm time. I noticed while we breezed to our table (during the 530 - 7pm hours) , the other passengers who did not have reservations were in line and waiting . The same goes for your onboard Show Productions. We were able to go inside right away/no line and find great seats with our reservations. Go 20-25 minutes early to get the best seats as it's open seating for all shows. The Magic Act, go even earlier you will need to get up to the front portion for the theatre to get a good view of Po's magic. Using the reservation options I was able to time dinner at 5:30 so I could make my 7pm show times. I highly encourage spending time reviewing the online planning tools The website scheduling tools were very helpful, go online early so you can get the times you want. American Dinner is a specially restaurant, charging for ala carte with the exception of Breakfast which is complimentary. I do not recommend paying extra for the Texas BBQ restaurant "Q" The entree charge of over $20 ($48 bill after gratuity ) for pulled pork , beef brisket, no drinks, wasn't worth it. In my opinion its an unnecessary expense for those of us that have access to Texas/good style BBQ ,and pay the same if not less for superior taste and quality. Highly recommend the the Luxury Sailing and Snorkeling Excursion Tour, however if you are into decent snorkeling conditions book it after April when the water is clear. Though the snorkeling wasn't great , the sailing, food, service and the impromptu whale watching made it AMAZING and still an outstanding value! Recommend pre purchase the water package, it was inside our room when we checked in. First and Last day : Be prepared for long wait lines when embarking and disembarking. We found the Observation lounge a quiet and not a crowded place to wait for our call to disembark. The Observation lounge offered a limited continental type buffet, but for us it was enough. The expected dreaded safety drill did not come .... it was quick under 25 minutes, point by point emergency instruction, organization excellent, you report to a specific person upon arrival to your muster station he/she checks you off the list. Our favorite dinning option was Savor for a sit down breakfast. Pound cake French Toast was yummy .. the fresh fruit was flavorful, and a nice variety. Dinner we enjoyed Taste, we were fortunate and got table #73 a table for 2 at the window twice!. Its hypnotic watching the ocean as the ship powers through it. I didn't care for the Manhattan dinning room. Its grand in style, extra large space two story ceilings , your table will most likely be some where in the sea of tables. Savor was a nice place to relax for dinner, intimate vibe like Taste. Every wait staff we had contact with was happy, friendly, caring, and took pride in the food they were serving. Casino: Spacious, lots of current games, however if you are a smoker , the casino has a separate small glass enclosed cube room with maybe 55 to 60 machines. and table games .

First non-Carnival mega ship experience : GREAT SERVICE and Gorgeous Ship.

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by Bearbear2008

Bearbear2008’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony - Connecting Stateroom
Cabin B8
Cabin: 9190 : is a gorgeous cabin, lots of storage, you can find video of the standard balcony on youtube. Beware if you are an early to bed passenger , you will be right above the District club. I could hear every word Katie sang... Elton John Rocket Man, Star is Born.. its very intrusive if you are trying to sleep before 11:30 pm. Good new is most cruisers are out and about, except for my hubby. We called guest services and they sent someone up and he was rather shocked at how great our location was for live music listening. He talked to the venue and we noticed they kept the volume down for the next 3 nights.. the last night it was loud ..but we were awake and kind of enjoyed it. Also note the balcony is above the sitting area that protrudes out of the ships silhouette , this to provide a great ocean view for the loungers. We could look down and see through the tinted glass the passengers relaxing having drinks. Our room was one of a handful that was in this position. all other balconies you can peer over your railing and see ocean. For us it didn't hamper our view, as it was enjoyed from inside our room. The bed was near the slider and it was amazing waking up and looking out to the wide blue yonder. The Bathroom does not have a 120V plug, so dont bother bringing your waterpik unless you bring a 12FT extension cord where you can plug in at the desk. Shower water pressure was not strong but the handheld shower head did the job for people with longer/thick hair. I have to say Carnival beds are superior in comfort, the bed was extra firm.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins