3. Norwegian Getaway
So before I start this is my first review I have ever done. This alone should show my dissatisfaction with this cruise line. After being on multiple cruises we decided to book a Norwegian Cruise, as we had not been on this cruise line yet. Typically we do one cruise per year with a group of friends. This year we had a group of 13 leaving out of New Orleans, LA traveling to Cozumel and Progresso Mexico on the Norwegian Getaway. Having been to both ports we all knew what to expect, however, everyone was excited for a new cruise line that we were thinking was an upscale cruise. This was not the case. I'll start with the ship. The ship was very well kept. It had a different layout than we were used to but no big deal. Typically the Atrium surrounds all the busy floors. The Atrium was a total of 3, maybe, 4 levels. These levels stretched both forward and aft with different venue's in each floor. My complaint about this is the venue's were extremely small, not near big enough to accommodate everyone. The bars, especially the live entertainment, such as Sid's Pour House, was typically shoulder to shoulder with no room to sit. This bar was by far the best spot on the ship. The staff. Horrible. Any time we went to any staff member whether it was the bartender, customer service, waiter/waitress, etc. we all felt as if we were an inconvenience to them. Very few staff members seemed happy to be on the ship. As a matter of fact, one of the servers from our specialty dining stated this was his first Norwegian and would also be his last the day we arrive back to port. This shipped was understaffed. On the Pool Deck there were 2 bars surrounding the pool. These bars typically had only 2 bartenders in each. Drinks on average took 15-20 minutes to get. There were very few bartenders walking around on the top decks as well, where the lounge chairs were. IF you were lucky enough to find one it was most likely a 30 minute wait. Nickel and Diming. There was always something they would try to charge you for, even if you had paid for it. We had purchased the beverage packages as well as upscale dining, etc. Well folks, be prepared to spend more money when you get on this ship as it in no way is all inclusive. The spa, what a joke. Upwards of $200 for a spa pass, and yes you have to pay this if you want to do something as simple as the sauna or steam room. Walking past the spa was like being chased down by a timeshare salesman. Food. Woof. All I wanted when I got back was a basic fast food cheeseburger. I would rather eat a lifetime of frozen dinners than set foot back in their buffet. The food was sub-par for any standard. The main dining was OK but nothing to write home about. Upscale dinning's were a little better but I could just as easy go to a restaurant at home or cook my own meal and be just as happy. After meeting multiple people on the cruise that had the same complaints we knew there was something wrong and it was not just us. I will gladly take a Carnival any day over this line. Norwegian should do a better job as advertising themselves as a "budget" cruise line. If you are truly looking for a good vacation Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or Princess cruises offers a hands down experience, My advice - #nevernorwegian

Norwegian Getaway